Betrayal and Chains

Chapter 6!

The past few nights with Cole has been amazing. Even my mother knew something was going on, so I told her that me and Cole were trying. She was so happy and told me she couldn't wait for me to have kids. But that was yesterday. Cole left an hour ago to revise something with my dad and brothers.

The strange calls were still happening and everyone was trying to find out who it was. Cole told me he had a pretty good idea who it was. Lucy started to whine so I let her outside. In the kitchen I started dinner. Chopping up carrots and squash. I put the bread dough in the oven and put the soup on the stove.

The ding of the drier went off and I went to get the clothes out. The clothes were fresh and dried so I put them in the basket and took the wet clothes out of the washer and put them in the drier and pressed start. I took the clean clothes up to the room and began to fold them.

I put Cole's clothes in the drawers and hung the rest up. The soup was boiling so I went back down to the kitchen and stirred it. I put the carrots and squash in it and stirred it in. Outside I heard Lucy bark and I went to go get her.

"Lucy come here." I called her but she didn't come.

"Lucy, where are you girl?" I went and followed her scent.

At the end of my property the scent ended.  Where was she? I walked a little bit in but stopped. Something wasn't right. Turning around I slammed into something hard. I didn't even have a chance to scream. Everything went dark and I heard Lizzy. Lizzy? "I told you she would come looking for that stupid mutt, gun."

"You were right, babe." Then blank.

Cole P.O.V

I pulled into my driveway and knew there was something wrong. Out in the distance  I could hear some whimpering. I followed the sounds into the woods and found Lucy covered in blood. She has been stabbed. Picking her up I rushed her back up to the house and went inside. Steve was already inside turning the stove off.

He turned around and he looked worried. I handed Lucy over to him and went to go look for Missy. She wasn't upstairs and then I realized her scent was hours old. She hasn't been home in hours.  Running downstairs I found Steve has already stitched and bandaged Lucy.

"I can't find her. Her scent is hours old." I told him.

"I know. The food is badly burnt. Let's look around some more to see if she left a note behind." Steve suggested.

I searched everywhere and came up empty handed. Just as I was about to give up I found a piece of paper on the floor. It read:

"Cooper Colburn,

If you ever want to see your little mutt alive again

meet me at the old warehouse on Bounty Road.

Come alone. Bring anyone and she's DEAD.

1 o'clock p.m tomorrow."

"Steve come here! I found something." Steve came running.

He read the kidnapper's note and furry lit up in his eyes. After a broken lamp we called up the others. In no time they showed up and everyone took turns reading the note. Everyone was furious and all talking at once. Mr. Rider, Missy dad, yelled to shut everyone up. Even Lucy stopped her whimpering. She came and hid behind me.