Chapter 2

I was at the park the next day enjoying the warm summer breeze. Couples walked past while I sat there all alone. Suddenly, a vibration spread out on my leg. I looked on my phone and got a text from (Friend).
(This is your friend - (F/N) and this is you - (Y/N) Got it? 👍)
   (F/N) - Me and Sarah are going to pick everyone up tomorrow.
   (Y/N) - Who all is coming?
   (F/N) - Well, you, me, (Crush), Sarah, Jackson, and Jesse.
   (Y/N) - Cool. I'm very excited!
   I looked up from my phone and saw a boy leaning against a tree. In all black. He looked like the boy I saw on the way home yesterday. His head was down so I couldn't see his face. I closed my eyes for a few minutes. Daydreaming about (Crush). I fluttered my eyes open to look back at the boy... who wasn't even there. Instead he was walking away from the park. I got up from the bench I was on and walked around.
   As I turned a corner I heard an all to familiar voice. (Rival)! Her and her squad were walking straight my way! I quickly walked away and out of danger. I walked out of the park and headed towards my house. Once I got there I grabbed some snacks and headed towards my room.
   I watched my most favorite movie, (F/M), for a while. It was still light out a little when I finished watching. I went to the kitchen and threw away my trash. Listening to some music I went outside and sat by our pool. (If you don't have a pool, then you do here •3•) I watched as the Sun set.
   As the light got dimmer I thought about the forest we were going to. Silverwood Forest. People who live close to there have said that things happen. Things like murders. Disappearances. They would talk about masks that some survivors have seen. I don't really want to go, but I would be in a group. And, it's not like any of that would happen to us. They're probably just trying to scare people.
   That makes me feel a little bit better. I walked inside and made a list of things to pack. Clothes, bathroom utilities, water, food, tent, sleeping bag, a few books, a flashlight and batteries, a compass and map, and a pillow. 'It's going to be okay. I will be okay. We will be okay. It's just an old forest. Those are just rumors..."