Chapter 7

We all woke up to the first light of dawn hearing a loud crash outside. We raced outside to see that the trees surrounding the clearing had all fallen down. Ace growled at a group of trees forming something.

When we got closer, the trees formed triangles over one another

When we got closer, the trees formed triangles over one another. Ace sniffed the trees and whined and barked.
   "Ace, it's okay. What's wrong, buddy?" He suddenly bolted into the forest.
   "Ace! Come back!" I yelled and ran after him. I heard the others calling for me to come back, but I still raced forward.
   "Ace! Ace, where are you?!" I stopped and looked around. I didn't see or hear anything.
   A flock of crows flew out of the trees in the distance so I ran over there. As I got closer I could hear whimpering. Ace! He was lying by a bush, whimpering.
   "A-Ace! W-what happened to you?!" I heard something behind me so I whirled around. It was (Crush). He raced forward and wrapped his arms around me. Ace lied there with his stomach torn open. Somehow, still breathing.
   "(Crush), w-what happened?" He shook his head.
   "I-I don't know." Ace started shaking and barking and whimpering. (Crush) picked me up and carried me away so I wouldn't see what Ace was going through. (Crush) lead me back to the camp. I ran to my tent and cried for what seemed to be forever. Soon it was dark out and I felt a presence. I looked around but didn't see anyone. I grabbed my flashlight and shined it along my tent. Nothing was around that I could see.
   A few seconds after I turned my flashlight off, I heard a loud snap. I quickly turned my flashlight on again, but still didn't see anything. Suddenly, right behind me I heard a deep growl. I shined my flashlight where the growl was but saw nothing. Then, the screaming started up again. I whimpered, trying to not attract attention.
   Suddenly, my tent started being hit. I screamed as something grabbed my foot. I looked down to see a black gloved hand. I shined my flashlight at the figure, but couldn't see the face. Just as it suddenly started it ended. I opened my eyes to see a mask staring right into my face. My heart seemed to stop. Time seemed to slow. I screamed and shook my head. I kicked and fought, but nothing I did even shook it. It tilted its head to the side, seeming to stare at me curiously.
   I turned my head away. It's face just got closer inch by inch. Then, when it was right by my ear it screamed. When it screamed the other screams started up. The only difference was that it's screams were glitchy and broken. Finally, it ended and the pressure that was on top of me vanished. My ears were ringing. I opened my eyes and just saw blackness.
   'We are leaving tomorrow. I can't wait any longer.' I thought as I heard the faint sound of rustling.