Chapter 12

I'm not going to look back. I won't. In fear that I'll seat Failure or whatever it was chasing after me. A haze was covering the ground, causing me to trip. Everything blurred past me as I ran. Looking. Looking for anything. I saw someone standing a few ways ahead.
   Someone else was walking towards that person. They had something swinging by their side. I stopped and watched. The figure walked slowly up to what looked to be Jesse. Suddenly, the figure grabbed the thing by its side and swung it down on Jesse's head. He collapsed, going unconscious.
   The figure stepped back and examined Jesse's body. I covered my mouth to silence my scream. The figure spun around, saw me, and darted away. After a few minutes I got the courage to go over to Jesse. A light rain was coming down as I got closer to him.
   A familiar metallic scent filled my nose. I hurried forward and fell down beside him.
   "J-Jesse, wake up! P-please?!" He lied there, motionless, blood seeping into the soil beneath him. His eyes were glazed over in a weak stare. I felt for a pulse but it all was dead silent. Literally.
   A twig seemed to snap purposefully. I turned around and saw a girl standing there. She had long, brown hair, pale skin, and and had a mask that almost seemed mocking. A grin pulled at the lips and it gave off a nasty glare. I found out that the thing at her side was a bloody baseball bat.

 I found out that the thing at her side was a bloody baseball bat

   Instead of killing me she spoke up. "Now, darling, what are you doing out this late?" I suddenly realized that it had gotten almost pitch black. Her voice was monotonous, but soft. If I hadn't just seen her kill Jesse, I would've maybe trusted her. Key word: maybe.
   She took a few steps forward and I stumbled backwards. "What are you so scared of? I'd never hurt anything." The way she said it made it obvious that she was lying and she seemed to know that as well. I felt something sharp beside me. I looked and it was a shard of glass. I grasped it.
   She stared at me for a moment, seeming to contemplate on something. Then her dark eyes seemed to flicker for a moment.
   "Why are you holding onto glass, darling? You could get cut." As she said that I felt a little pain in the palm of my hand. I glared at her and threw it in her direction.
   It all happened so fast. One moment she was there and the next.... she was right in front of me.
   "Don't you dare throw anything at me," She hissed lowly. She slowly brought her hand up to my face. In her hand was the glass shard. In a quick movement she plunged it in my leg. "Now, you can suffer."
   She walked off. I looked at my leg to see blood gushing out. I sucked in a deep breath as I wrapped my hand around it. Before I could get it out, I heard someone say my name in a low voice.
   "W-what?! Who is it?!" I called out.
   "It's me, (Friend)." (Sorry if you wanted it to be your crush •_•)
   (Friend) hurried over and helped me with the glass. (Friend) helped me up and caught me when I stumbled. After a while I got a little better at walking. As we were walking a growl sounded off behind (Friend). Just as we looked over that huge black wolf jumped on her and immediately snapped her neck. The sickening crack echoed into the silent forest.
   I ran as fast as I could. I don't think I can take much of this any longer. As I thought that I saw a building ahead with a warm light coming out of the open windows. I hurried forward and knocked on the door urgently. A few seconds passed and suddenly the door swung open. A male with a bloody mask stared down at me.

   I screamed and tried to run away but he held onto me

   "Miss, please calm down. This isn't anyone's blood. I'm a butcher." He stepped to the side to let me see. Pigs and cows hung up on the ceiling by ropes. The smell wasn't very pleasant either.
   "I promise I won't hurt you, Missy. I just wear this mask to cover up my face from-your- blood." I stared wide eyed at him.
   "Let's get you cleaned up." He lead me inside and set me down in a room away from the bloody room in the front. He went to the bathroom and brought out bandages and disinfectant.
   "Would you mind telling me what happened?" He asked gently. I broke down and told him everything. He hugged me and comforted me. After I was done he seemed to glare. He stood up suddenly and asked, "Master, what are you doing here."
   "Oh, just coming to see how you're doing here."
   "What should I do with this?" He asked, pointing towards me.
   "We must treat her with much respect. After all, she is the sacrifice to our lord Qlippoth...."

~_~_~_~_~_~

Meeting new killers! Yay! Kinda! Not really for you readers. But hey, someone seems to want you alive. I'm trying to update more. Don't want the cliffhangers to be too long.

Anyways, comment, vote, share! If you want... don't have to. Have a nice night, morning, thing! I will try to update later or tomorrow.