Chapter 5

I woke up in the middle of the night needing to do some business. I grabbed a flashlight and some toilet paper. After walking a bit away from the camp I did my business. As I was pulling my pants up I heard a small twig snap from far away. It echoed through the silence making it sound like it came from everywhere.
   I looked in the direction I thought it came from. Suddenly, loud screaming could be heard from every direction. My heart pounded in my chest. I darted back to the camp to see everyone getting out of their tent. I cried running into the campsite.
   (Crush) hurried and hugged me tightly. I cried into his chest.
   "Shhh, it's ok. Your safe. I'm here." He cooed into my ear.
   "What are those screams coming from?" Sarah asked, nervous.
   "Coyotes. That's is how they howl. Or scream. Either one, really," Jesse said, expertly.
   "T-that sca-scared me-e." I stuttered out.
   "Are you okay?" (Crush) asked. I nodded, looking up at him. He gingerly gave me a comforting smile.
   "U-umm... (Crush) can you come and sleep... with... m-me?" I said embarrassed.
   "Sure!" He said, a bit to excitedly. "I-I mean... yeah, whatever." He corrected.
   Everyone headed back to their tents. As me and (Crush) walked to my tent we heard Jackson yell out to us, "Use protection!"
   I blushed and (Crush) shook his head and looked away. We got to my tent and got under the covers. The coyotes were still screaming at the top of their lungs.
   (Crush) carefully wrapped his arms around me. I snuggled to him and sighed, feeling the warmth from his body. We stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying each others presence. (Crush) rolled onto his back, still holding me, and smiled. He seemed so happy, but...
   "HOLY #%*&@!!" He gasped.
   "W-what?!" His face cringed in pain. I looked to see that Ace just had to put all four feet on (Crush)'s area, while still standing. I pushed Ace off and (Crush) sat up cupping his area.
   "Jesus, that hurt!"
   "Are you gonna be okay?!"
   "Yes, just temporary pain. Nothing I can't handle." He gave a cheesy, painful smile. I sighed and asked him if he needed something for................... it.
   "No, I'm fine."
   We both laid down and I made Ace sleep on my other side. He sighed and flopped down beside me. Me and (Crush) snuggled for warmth and soon I felt his breathing steady out. I put my hand on his face and rubbed my thumb over his cheek. He buried his head into the crook of my neck. I kissed the top of his head and let myself drift to sleep. I could just barely make out the words "I love you" come from the sleeping form next to me.