300 reads AND A FANART?!!?!

Just wanted to take a moment to celebrate getting to 300 hits both here and on Archive of Our Own (the latter being more flattering because I've only posted three chapters there). And also wanted to thank poisonivey1127 for drawing this fic's first piece of fanart (actually the first of any kind someone's done for me)!

Notice a certain detail: Rin's handmade shark-tooth necklace, as described in the opening of Chapter 10. I also appreciate the fact that Rin is obviously holding his breath, while of course Haru doesn't need to. I mean he IS a merman after all.

It's difficult for non-artists to understand, but someone taking the time to draw something for you or inspired by you means a LOT. It's how I expressed my affection for people growing up— just randomly gifted them with drawings of themselves. I didn't know how to express it in words, but I hoped they could understand that the fact that I sat down and took the time to bring them to life on paper would say it for me.

What I'm saying is, thanks for the fanart and I really appreciate it. (Blushes furiously)
And of course, thanks to all the readers. I couldn't have gotten this far without you, and thanks to you guys' little push, I started my A03 account where I'm nearing 3000 total hits. <3