Chapter Twelve

"The code is the law. Your in my way kids," our father said from behind us as the siblings moved out of the way hand in hand together causing him to look at his kids and smile.
"Still as tight as ever I see," he said as two pirates carried a large book on the table. Captain Teague whistles as the dog comes over with the keys causing Lorena to gasp and Jack to do the same.
"What?" They both said shocked together.
"Sea turtles mates," their dad says looking at the code. "Barbossa is right,"
"Hang on a minute," Jack says taking Lorena with him as they check the code. "It shall be the duty of the king to declare war, parlay with said adversaries... Fancy that,"
"There’s not been a king since the first court, and that’s not likely to change,"
"And we all know that the king only ever is elected by popular vote," Lorena says with a sigh.
"Aye she's right, any pirates only ever votes for himself,"
"My sister and I call for a vote," Jack says winking at her when Lorena gave him a confused look.
"I vote for Ammond, the corsair,"
"Capitan Chevalle, the penniless French man,"
"Sesumbhajee votes for Sesumbhajee,"
"Mistress Cheng,"
"Gentlemen. Jocard,"
"Lorena Sparrow,"
"Barbossa,"
"Villanueva,"
"Lorena Sparrow," Jack says causing Lorena's eyes to widened.
"What?"
"I know baby sister, curious isn't it?"
"Why didn't you vote for me?" Jocard complained.
"Sparrow is cheating he's voting for his sister!"
They began to break out into an argument meanwhile Lorena looks at Jack as Jack looks back at Lorena.
"Jack what are you doing?"
"Do you trust me?"
"Sometimes,"
"That hurts. But just trust me when I know what I'm doing,"
"Alright fine I trust you,"
"Am I to understand that you lot will not be keeping to the code, then?"
Their dad breaks a gutair string as everyone became silent.
"Very well, what say you Captain Sparrow, king of the Brethren Court?"
"Prepare every vessel that floats. At dawn, we’re at war,"
"And so, we shall go to war," Sesumbhajee said in a high pitched voice causing the two siblings to look at each other.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°••°°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
"Jackie and Lorena. It's good to see my own kids again,"
"You too daddy,"
Despite not seeing their father since they were children Lorena was always daddy's little girl. Teague had a special soft spot for her and although he loves Jack equally as Lorena, his daughter is most presious.
"What? You’ve seen it all, done it all, you survived. That’s the trick, isn’t it? To survive?"
"It’s not just about living forever, Jackie. The trick is, living with yourself, forever. Without Lorena," he said as the two looked at each other again.
"10 years is a long time Jackie. I'm going to die while you live we'll never see each other again,"
Jack sighed as he knows he has to this this one over.
"How's mum?" He asks changing the subject as Teague held up a shrunken head that was once their mother.
"She looks great,"
Jack and Lorena began to leave but Teague stopped Lorena.
"Lorena hold on for a minute," he says causing Jack to freeze for a minute.
"It's okay Jackie. I'll catch up," she says with a reassuring smile causing Jack to do the same as he left without his sister.
Lorena went to sit back down as her father looked over at her.
"Just like your mother Lorena. The splitting image of her,"
"Thanks dad.... What is it that you wanted though?"
"This whole night I've been seeing the way Barbossa looks at ya. Tell me darlin is there a chemistry going on between the two of ya?"
"Oh heavens no. I'm kinda sorta with somebody else..... Barbossa has been fancied by me since we first met,"
"Has he done anything to ya?"
Lorena remained quiet as she couldn't look or lie to her father.
"Lorena has he done anything to ya?" He asked in a more stern voice.
"Back when he was the undead..... Him and his crew they..... They rapped me,"
"WHAT?! AND WHERE THE HELL WAS JACKIE?!"
"Dad calm down please it's okay I've put it behind me,"
Lorena gasped when her father slammed his fist down the table.
"Its certainly not okay. That bastard rapped my little girl and you think I'm going to let that go?"
"Dad you really have no say. You haven't been in my life since childhood. Jackie raised me mostly and you can't swoop in and become dad of the year,"
"You're right and I'm sorry for not being there but their is something you can't stop me from doing," he said getting up from the table and making his way to Barbossa who was laughing talking with people.
"Dad no," Lorena tried to warn but Teague had punched Barbossa in the nose causing everyone to be silent immediately.
Shocked, Barbossa held his nose as his eyes widened. Teague grabbed Barbossa's neck and pushed him against the wall.
"You and your crew rapped my daughter," he says as Barbossa had trouble breathing.
"C-Captain Teague please that wasn't me. The curse had cause me to do stuff I regretted I never met hurt your daughter,"
"And yet you did and now.... Now I'm gonna kill you,"
"DAD AS KING I COMMAND YOU TO STOP!" Lorena shouted as Teague looked at his daughter.
He sighed as he let go of Barbossa's neck causing him to gasp for a breath of air. 
"If you lay a hand on my daughter again, you will die by my hands," he threatened before leaving his kids behind again.
A/n: I like Captain Teague protective side for his daughter. Only a couple more chapters to go then Sparrow's sister series is over!