Chapter 2

I throw on a grey zip up hoodie, grab my bag, and head down the stairs.

I like to think of what my house will look like when I save up and move out someday. I'd love to have a good sized house, not too big, not too small, just cozy, with a small spiral staircase, and a small balcony connected to my bedroom, with a walk in closet. I wonder if I'll live alone.....

I reach the bottom of the stairs and I smell food. It smells like pancakes. I've never really liked them that much, I don't know, I just find them a little dry for my liking, but this morning, I'm willing to eat just about anything edible... I take that back, maybe not anything, haha!

"Hollie!! Morning!!" Lola chirps.

Lola is my little sister. She's 6 years old. Most people say we look a lot alike, but I don't really see any resemblance. She has silky blonde hair, and big sky blue eyes.

"Morning, munchkin!" I smile as I drop my bag and tickle her sides. She has the cutest little giggle.

"Come! Mommy made pancakes!" Her face lights up with happiness as she runs to the kitchen with her small ponytail bouncing. I smile, following behind her.

My mom hums as she scrubs the dishes.

"Yours are on a plate in the microwave, and the syrup is in the fridge." Mom informs me.

"Thanks!"

I walk over to the microwave and set it to 30 seconds.

"You look pretty, Hollie!" Lola beams.

"Awe, thank-you! You do too!"

She giggles with a big smile. She is so bright, and will always be.

She motions with her hand for me to bend down on my knees, so my height is equal to hers.

"I'm scared to start grade one." She whispers in my ear.

"Don't be! Your such a pretty little girl and your so friendly! Just don't be scared to talk to anyone, okay? You'll make a ton of new friends. Everyone feels like that today, even me, you know." I whisper back, comforting her.

The microwave beeps.

"You think so?" She asks.

"I know so!" I answer, giving her a big hug.

Lola smiles and skips into the living room.

My mom winks at me from across the kitchen and mouths "Thank-you". I nod with a smile.

I open the microwave and heat meets my face. I take out my pancakes, grab the syrup from the fridge along with a water-bottle, and head back upstairs.

When I reach the top of the steps, I open the door to my room and walk inside.

My MacBook is sitting on my desk. Being that I have some spare time, I pick up my MacBook and sit on my mint green bean bag chair, MacBook on my lap. I turn it on, and log into Facebook. 5 notifications.

- Dina Faye has invited you to play FarmVille!

Ugh. I hate game requests.

- Adriana Indigo liked your status : First day of College tomorrow! Wish me luck!

- Matthew Young commented on your status "Luck ;)"

- Dina Faye had invited you to try "Find Your Secret Admirer"

Enough with the game requests, seriously!

- Matthew Young liked your profile picture

I feel kinda bad for Matthew. He's liked me since Middle School, but I've never liked him the same way, just as a friend, you know? Every girl needs a friend that's a boy, but I just don't see that working unless I crush his feelings. Actually, it would just never work...

Facebook isn't as exiting as it was a few years ago. All I get anymore is game requests. I get my hopes up when I see I have a bunch of notifications, thinking I'm popular or some shit all of a sudden. Haha! Nope! Just stupid games.

I log out and before I turn off my laptop, I check the time. 8:07 AM. I still have about a half an hour before I even need to leave, so I finish up my breakfast and head downstairs. When I reach the bottom of the steps, I walk to the kitchen and wash my dishes, chug down the last little bit of my water, and recycle the bottle.

"Have fun! Be careful! I'm so proud of you!" My mom says, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I will! Thank-you!" I say, picking up my bag where I dropped it.

"Love you!" She says.

"Love you too!" I say, walking out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Thanks for reading guys, sorry for the short update, but I'd like to give my friend Adriana a shout out (yes, the Adriana from this book).

Go follow/read/vote irinamg111

<3