Chapter 5

~ Jeremy's P.O.V ~

After 3 classes, our lunch break is about to begin. I want to ask her out ever so much, but I don't want to make a fool out of myself.

We have sat together through all of these classes, so she isn't as shy anymore, hopefully.

She is sitting so casually in her seat, but I find it too perfect. One leg is crossed over the other, and her bangs are slightly in her face. She is holding her pencil so delicately, and she is biting her lip as she thinks of the answers to the questions in her textbook.

Our teacher for this 3rd period class; Mr. Tenni, breaks the concentration in the room.

"Students, please keep the concentration and volume at this level. I have a meeting to attend. When class ends, please make sure your area is clean for our next class. Now if you'll excuse me..." He informs as he walks out of the room.

I look across the room and my hand slaps my own face as I see Brittany walking towards me. She's wearing yoga booty shorts and a crop top with some tacky design on it. Of course, she had to cut a V-neck into her top to show off her boobs. Typical Brittany. Her bleach blonde hair is curled, and the way it looks with her tanned skin looks so cheesy. Not to mention she is wearing way too much makeup and perfume.

"Oh my god! Jer-bear! I haven't seen you in forever!" She says with a high pitched voice that is quite honestly so fake and annoying.

"Oh, hey Brittany..."

"Who's she?" Her face is still facing me, but her eyes dart sideways towards Hollie.

"Her name is Hollie." Hollie looks up at me with frightened eyes.

~Hollie's P.O.V~

So this is Brittany....

"Oh! Hi Hollie!" She says, talking to me like I'm a baby.

Before I can say "Hi" back, her hand moves to Jeremy's hair. She starts playing with it as she's looking at me, and I can tell her intent is to be a bitch.

"Britt, stop." Jeremy says seriously.

"Stop what?" She says, sounding so fake.

Jeremy grabs her hand and pulls it off his hair.

"Touché!" She says, walking away with her shorts showing off half of her ass.

What a snob!

"Sorry about that.... about her" Jeremy apologizes.

"Oh, it's fine.." I say looking down. I'm not fine, but I say I am.

"So Hollie, umm, I was wondering if maybe you uhhh... you'd want to go out.. sometime? To lunch?" He asks nervously.

I look up in surprise. "Uh, sure! I'm free whenever." I say.

"Really? Is today good?" He asks.

"Yeah! Okay, where to?" I ask with happiness.

"It's up to you, I like everything, and I'm not sure what you like" He laughs

"Do you like Greek food?" I ask in curiosity.

"Yeah, it's really good!" He says.

"Jimmy the Greek it is!" I laugh.

From across the room, I spot Brittany giving me evil eyes. I try not to take it personally, but it's really getting to me. I suddenly don't feel as confident in this room anymore.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

The bell rings for lunch. I grab my books and tuck my seat in. I make my way out of the classroom with Jeremy at my side.

"Here, let me hold these for you" He says, carefully taking my books.

"Awe, thank you! You don't have to" I say.

"It's nothing really." He smiles.

"Oh, I forgot to check what number my locker is!" I pull my schedule out from my pocket as we walk down the hall.

#598, it reads.

"Number five-ninety-eight" I say happily.

"Well, well! Guess who's locker is right next to yours?" He goofily says.

"Haha! no way!" I laugh.

As we get to our lockers, Jeremy hands me my books and I place them at the top shelf of my locker. I grab my wallet out of my bag just in case I need to buy something, then I hang up my bag. I fish through it, pulling out the lock for my locker. I close the locker, and click the lock on.

Jeremy holds my hand, and I look up and smile at him as we make our way out of the school.

"Thank you again, for everything today" I say, staring into his eyes as we walk slowly to the restaurant.

We are taking a path to get to the restaurant. It is full of tall green grass, full green trees, and the occasional Monarch Butterfly. It's really romantic. The thoughts tingle my stomach.

"Anything for you" He smiles as we walk down the pathway.

As I'm looking into his eyes, a butterfly flutters by, distracting the two of us.

"It's so beautiful this way! I can't believe I've never been down here before" I say with a bright smile.

~ Jeremy's P.O.V ~

I smile at her and let out a laugh. It may be beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as her.