Chapter 5 ~ bodygaurd

**

Chapter 5

Mr. Frankfire looked up at Jessie with a questioning stare. "Can I help you girl?" He asked politely.

"It's about time you offered to help!" Jessie snapped. "You're only the one that caused this mess!"

"What mess would that be? I'm sorry if I eat a little sloppily. I'm an old man after all." His eyebrows furrowed and he looked around him in embarrassment.

Dread filled her. The old man didn't know what she was talking about. He was probably senile. Of all the things that Jessie expected when she sat down at the table, this was not one of them. "Shit!" She cursed under her breath. "Shit shit shit shit shit!"

Bard looked at her levelly. "What does this mean for me getting back to my ship?"

"How the hell should I know?!" The old man had to help! He just had to! How can he possibly do anything when he can't even remember who the hell she is?!

"Do you remember this watch?" Jessie asked him and, snatching it from her pocket, let it hang in front of his face.

Mr. Frankfire looked at it and his lips lifted up into a smile. "Yes that's very nice. Did your grandfather give that to you?"

Jessie growled in frustration. "Yes sure. My grandfather. He's an annoying old shit that causes me nothing but trouble. I hate that asshole so much. If I could gut him and not go back to prison I would." She continued to tirade on to the old man, while he just kept a half witted smile plastered on his face.

"Yes that's nice dear. I can tell you love him very much."

Jessie grunted and began to dig into her week old bagel. When she turned her eyes to Bard his plate was already empty and he was eyeing the old man with a murderous expression. She guessed she wasn't the only one upset with the trouble he had caused.

"We'll figure it out." Jessie informed him reassuringly. She wasn't sure why she felt the need to tell him that. It was just that he must feel so lost being in this strange world away from everything he knows. It's not like she gives a shit really. No, definitely not. Jessie gave no shits whatsoever about any man. Especially unrealistically attractive pirates, who would probably end up getting her killed or thrown back in jail.

Bard gave her an indecipherable look and made a noncommittal noise in his throat.

"I've got to job hunt today. You think you can manage to tag along, be quiet, and not get me thrown in jail?" She asked.

"I don't see much else I can do." He muttered.

"Just, please don't do anything crazy. If I get arrested... i'm not getting back out." Jessie couldn't help the fear that creeped into her voice, and Bard suddenly seemed to look at her more closely.

"Is there a price on your head then?" He asked quietly.

"You could say that." Jessie knew she was a dead woman walking. It was only a matter of time before Drake caught up with her. They would find her, and when they did.... Jessie shuddered. The last time someone left the gang, Drake made Jessie watch as he carved the tattoos right out of the man's skin before he killed him. The man had a lot of tattoos.

"You okay? You're looking a little green." Bard had a serious expression on his face.

"I'll be okay as long as you behave." With that said, Jessie finished the last bite of her bagel and stood up to leave the table. "Let's go then." She didn't bother saying goodbye to the old man with a now glazed expression on his face.