Ch. 2: Home Life

Grit and I sit quietly on the way home, I make the mistake of braking the silence.

"I get out at 2:50..." I mumble under my breath.

"Cray, I know. I was running late." He snaps. I can tell he doesn't want to talk to me but I push.

"Were you with your girlfriend?" I am genuinely curious. He doesn't think I'm funny so he swerves and I hit my head on the window.

"Arse..." I mumble. Last year his ex-girlfriend Libby broke up with him after I helped her find a new boyfriend. Please note that none of us knew she was Grits girlfriend. They kept it a secret because come to find out, Libby just used Grit for sex. He was her side boy. I know you don't think a boy can be used, but Grit was. He goes to therepy for it. It messed with his head. His new girlfriend Nina is sweet and gentle and perfect. She doesn't push him to do stuff and he really likes her. I assume. I am not allowed to meet Nina till the wedding. They arent engaged or anything; the rule is, is that if Grit has a girlfriend, I can't meet her unless they are getting married.

We pull into are drive way in silence. And he stares at the wheel. "Get out."

I hurrily hop out of the car and rush inside. I was so excited to be there because of stupid Sterling and Landon and Colton. It sucked. I miss middle school. Life was easy and that's when Chris moved here. She didn't care about my social status, or about what I have done. She cares about me. She sees the real person I am.

Penn glances at me as I walk in the door "Suga? What's wrong hunny bunny?" I stare at Penn. I owe everything to her. She is my older sister. She is currently training to be a doctor. She transfered medical schools to come take care of me 3 years ago. I love her more than anything. She is 24 and beautiful. I don't know where she got her genes but I wish I had them. Shes short, blonde, very perfect looking. Compared to her I am a giant, but so is Grit.

Grit is super mega tall with shaggy black hair. He's pretty good looking I guess. Chris said that she'd smash. I normally just ignore her when she talks about Grit.

I smile faintly "Grit was late on picking me up..." I kinda mumble. I know Penn, she will flip out on Grit for being late.

Penn's eyes grow wide. "Damn that boy! I raised him better than that!" I can't help but laugh a little. She is only 6 years older than him and she still considers her self to have raised him.

Grit nonchalantly makes his way into the house and Penn stops him "Um, excuse me. Why were you soooooooo late on picking up Crayola? Hmmmm?" She looks calm to the untrained eye but living with her for like, ever, I can hear the anger escape from her lips. And by the way Grit goes pale I'm pretty sure he noticed too.

Grit fumbles for the words but can't seem to find any. I collapse onto the couch and look probably a little to smug when Penn starts scolding him. He glares at me but Penn notices and jumps and grabs his ear and pulls him by it.

"You listen and you listen good buddy. If you want to stay here, you follow every order I give you. If not, you can buy your self a motel room." Penn whispered loudly.

Grits eyes doubled in size and just nodded. I snort and smile. I love my family. Its definetly not perfect but it suited me.

My cat Mae joins the fun by pouncing out of no where onto my stomach. She has been pregnant about twice. She's a big slut for a cat. She is about a little bigger than a shitzu. She has white long fur; she also has one green eye and one blue eye. I think she's perfect. Penn and Grit think she is annoying. Oh well.

Penn throws Grit out the front door and tells him to come back when he gets a job.

She then proceeds to shut the door calmly "So, hunny bunny! How was your first day of school!"

I frown and hold Mae close to me. "It's like no one has forgotten last year.." I chew on my lip and Penn pats my head as she walks by "I promise it all gets better." And with that she walks into the kitchen to prepare supper, looks like its early dinner. Which only means she has a night shift of interning. I hold Mae close and shut my eyes.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I wake up suddenly. I don't even remember going to sleep. I look outside to see the night sky. Cheese balls. I fell asleep. I make my way to the kitchen yawning and see a note in Penn's oh so perfect hand writing.

The note reads "Cray, sweetie, I didn't have the courage to wake you up, you looked so cute snuggling with the devil cat, so I just threw a blanket on you and called it good. I still made you dinner, hot dogs in Mac and Cheese. It in the fridge because I know you like it cold! Ok hunny bunny! See you tomorrow after school! You have my number if you need me.

-Penn XOXOXOXOXO!"

I yawn again and throw away the note. I originally thought it was cute what she did but its been like this almost every night for 3 years. It gets old.

I make my way upstairs to slip into some pajamas. I put my already awkward hair into an awkward bun and wash my face. I make my way back down stairs and rummage through my bag.

Dang it. I forgot I left that stupid book in Mr. Butcher's Class.

I sigh and make my way to the kitchen and bring the giant bowl of Mac, cheese and hot dogs out. Mae comes out of no where and scares the living day lights out of me. She meows and I remembered I hadn't fed her yet.

I take a big spoonful of my dinner and plop it into her bowl.

My house is really empty without Penn or Grit here. It's only 9:30 but after a quick romance comedy, its off to bed.

I sit on the couch with a big bowl and a small fork and turn on Netflix and begin my movie. Tonight's choice is The Giant Mechanical Man.

The movie was good and cute. I hated the scene where the lead guys teeth fall out. I've had that stress dream before and oh for the love of Loki, does it scare me every time.

I get up and whistle for Mae to follow me to my room. I stretch and walk up the stares. Mae trots along side me meowing.

As I get to my room, I turn on the light and I see something laying on my bed. I walk over to see my book and a note.

I pick up the note and it reads "Hunny bunny! Three boys swung by looking for you! Ooohhh! But they only wanted to drop off a book. :( I gave them your number so they could call you if it happened again. They also put their numbers in your phone so make sure to thank them!

-Penn XOXOXOXOXO!"

Trio of Dudeness. Sweet Honey Ice Tea.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Authors Note:

Yeahhh... I know im not updating once a week but I am trying... I swear. If you guys happen to catch any grammatical error let me know! Please and thank you.

Vote/Comment/Whatever else you wanna do! It'd be great to know people are reading! I will try and update. (key word try)

XOXO

-E