Ch. 3: Where's Mae?

The rest of the week has gone by and I haven't gotten a single text or phone call from the trio. Just a little disappointing, but also really relieving. Maybe they are finally done teasing with me.

I see them in school and even Sterling hasn't tried asking me for advice. Annoying as he is I like setting people up. Assuming that's what he wanted to talk about.

I'm sitting on the couch watching Roswell on Netflix. Penn has been interning for 48 hours at a time all week and Grit hasn't been home at all since he went to a party last night. Normally on a Saturday morning like this Mae would be all over me to cuddle. I wonder where that idiot of a cat is. Of course I love Mae but she is kinda an idiot. Last time I had to go look for her she was stuck in my toilet because she jumped in and knocked a towel rack on top of it, locking herself in there.

I make my way upstairs and check everywhere that cat is normally hiding. And nothing.

Then it hits me. Mae isn't here. I scream at the top of my lungs at this realization, "MAE!"

I run around the house ripping it apart when I come upon the room Grit is staying in and the door is open. I open it further and peak in. All the color drains from my face when I see the window by his bed... is open.

Frantically I run back to my room and pull my phone off its charger. Tears begin to spill down my face. As I look of good pictures of Mae, I send out a mass text. I have to find Mae.

I immediately get a text back from Chris:

MAE IS GONE. NO. MY BABY. I WILL BE RIGHT OVER. STAY PUT.

           -Chris

The next text i get is from Penn:

Oh hunnybunny! I'm so sorry! I know you love that little cat. :( I will forward the text to all my contacts but I cant do much at the moment. Love you!
           -Penn XOXOXOXOXO

I put my volume on full blast just in case someone finds my precious Mae. She doesn't have a collar, well, because she is an indoor cat. She doesn't have a wild bone in her.

As I pace back and forth waiting for Chris to come, I try and calm down. Which doesnt work. My tears get heavier the more I think about her.

I hear my doorbell ring a gazillion times and I hurridly open the door. My mouth imedietly falls ajar when I see who it is.

His low voice brings me out of my shock, "I got your text, and I'm willing to help look for him."

The tears continue but now I'm angry "Her." I correct him then continue, "Sterling, I know you get a sick twisted high for watching me in anguish but I can't handle you and the loss of my cat."

Tears begin to spill out again when I realize that I have no idea where she is. She could be road kill already.

Sterling frowns "Hey now.. CrayCr-" he coughs to correct himself, "I'm here to help. After all the times you helped me, I figure I might as well pay you back. Plus I'm bored."

He shrugs and looks around me into my house, "Gonna let me in?" he enquires.

Suddenly he gets pushed off to the side and Chris comes running into my arms. She hugs me also crying, "Don't cry! It makes me cry worse!"

Sterling looks between the two of us. He tilts his head, "Who is she?"

I sniffle and wipe my eyes, Chris regains all composure and folds her arms, "I am Christina. But If you call me that, I will end you. So just call me Chris." she holds out her hand for him to take.