♡New Life♡ {Chapter 1}

・ ゚☆⋆ ~💗✧~⏠~✧💗~ ⋆☆ ゚・  

Kaede's Point of View

  ・ ゚☆⋆ ~💗✧~⏠~✧💗~ ⋆☆ ゚・  

Afer the verdict wheel spun and spun, which seemed to last forever it finally came to a stop. It finally revealed to us, the survivors of the Killing Game, not the culprit, not another murderer for a class trial. Worse. The mastermind. And just as the remaining students and I predicted, we were correct.

"Tsumugi Shirogane! You are the mastermind, the one behind this horrible Killing Game! You lost." I hollered across the trial room while I pointed at the blue-haired bespectacled girl after seeing our prediction correct on the screen with the final result. 

Rantaro nodded in approval and Shuichi ran his hand through his dark midnight blue hair. "Kaede's right." The two others seemed to consent with me.

The response we received back was very unexpected. Instead of her facade innocent act, the act she fooled everyone with from the start of the game, a grin was present on her face. It was... Menacing. That grin... It spread from ear to ear. "What? Did I hear correctly?... I lost, was it?" She let out a little giggle. " Yes, I am the mastermind. I've been caught..." There was a long pause then she started again. "So this... This wonderful feeling... It's DESPAIR! DESPAIR DESPAIR! OH HOW I LOVE THIS FEELING!" 

Unexpecting the turn of events, the three of us exchanged confused and scared glances.

The three of us only stood in silence, unsure of what was about to happen next.

"Oh my... I failed as mastermind... I apologize Junko Enoshima..." Tsumugi spoke so softly, that I barely was able to hear her, even with my enhanced hearing abilities. 

"Junko Enoshima?... Who is that?" Why did I honestly even bother asking... She's psychotic, I doubt she would answer me anyway. She's lost it.

In an instant, she faced my direction. Then continued to laugh menacingly, as if mockingly. "HAHAHAHAHAA! YOU DON'T KNOW WHO SHE IS?" Then almost less than a second, she acted as if nothing happened as she frowned and spoke in her soft tone all over again. "It doesn't matter anyways Kaede... Shuichi... Rantaro... You'll all be dead anyway... If you choose to stay here with me."

"What do you mean?..." Shuichi's eyes widened as he questioned the mastermind.

"Oh, you know! I am the mastermind, aren't I? I'm the one behind this whole little game, and now I need to be executed remember? Because I'm the one you're all mad at, correct? I'm the reason why all your friends are dead, right? You all should want to hate me... You all feel despairful right?" Tsumugi said as if she was only joking.

I know... I'm supposed to hate Tsumugi... She's the reason why Maki was gone... Why Kaito was gone, why all our friends are gone. I know that. But for some reason, this whole thing was just off. I couldn't bring myself to it, but it's what my guts were telling me, this feeling, it just felt so right but how?... I knew Tsumugi Shirogane was the mastermind, but her morals are... Very questioning... She needs us to leave now because of her execution, if not we'll die with her. But I need answers. For some reason, I just can't hate her... She was still our friend. No... She is our friend. But can I still really say that? After... After all of what she's done?...

"Tsumugi... Why? You were our friend... I don't understand. You're about to be executed and you're just... You're just going to accept it happily!? What is wrong with you!?" I was upset, even confused as I pounded on the podium as I fought back tears.

"K-Kaede... Please, we need to go now..." Shuichi called out to me as he worriedly faced me.

Tsumugi only smiled at me, paining me even more than how much it already hurt, only standing there in silence. No, not smiling, smirking.