Chapter 5

Anabell walks towards the Fixed Court's castle, she removes her glamor and reveals the silver color of her skin and the glittery silver in her eyes. As soon as she walks into the main entrance of the castle she immediately sees Keir staring at a painting. His gaze at the painting was piercing and direct. He had sharp features like prominent cheekbones and his nose. He had a powerful looking physique. He was just as silver as Anabell, but he had more of a glow because of his power over the court. He was mostly quiet and able to keep their inner emotions from his outward expression. Magnetic and mysterious, sensual and compelling is how the mortals describe him. He did not even have to look up to see that Anabell came in.

“Anabell, you know this painting is of the the very first mortal to wrong a Faerie and also the closest any mortal has gotten to learn about us,” Keir explained

“What happened to the mortal?” Anabell asked

“He was blinded and changed into a spider by Morgan Le Fey. Point is she or Carnell does not need to know about Valentina. That would mess up our plans, either one of them might get to her before we do. But to get to her and maintain autumn will be difficult.”

“But, I thought Valentina would benefit the court which would help to maintain the court.”

“You are right halflings and changelings do benefit my court, but obtaining them is difficult. How is your relationship with Valentina going.”

“She is becoming my friend, one girl came in the bathroom today while she and I were in it and I had to defend her.”

“Why?”

“I do not know. The girl might have been a bully.”

“Well, get rid of her if needed.”

“What do you mean by get rid of her?”

“You know what I mean, we do not need any obstacles in the way. If you can not handle it then put a curse on her, but sooner or later you will need to kill.”

“I know.”

Keir moved towards the sitting area that contained chairs, a fireplace and a small coffee table. He sat down and Anabell followed.

“These mortals are useless creatures none of their lives should be granted.”

“Are you referring to Valentina's mother Daniella?”

“Yes, and that is the exact reason why I do not like getting involved with mortals.”

“Keir, that was centuries ago. So is the true reason you want Valentina is because her mom betrayed you, instead you had me thinking that you truly wanted to make this court stronger.”

“She betrayed me and I gave her everything she wanted. I guess she could not handle it. I want vengeance and I have waited this long.”

“Keir, as your consultative I am trying to tell you that we need Valentina for a different reason besides you getting vengeance over her mom.”

“She does not even care about Valentina. It is better to just take her. Do you know if she is automatically bound to any other court.”

“No she is an Aquarius easily bound to our court. But still if she is going to be bound do it fast.”

“Well since you said you two were friends then give her some faerie food during lunch or whenever you can.”

“Okay.”

Anabell started to get up and leave the castle. She traveled towards the Cardinal Court's palace and walked in to meet up with Nerio.

“I knew you would come back,” he said playfully

“Shut up, I just came back because I left my bag here yesterday,” she said giggling

“Did you come back for anything else?”

“No. Just give me my bag.”

“Fine. It is in my room.”

Anabell and Nerio both travel down the hall towards his room.

“You still did not make up the bed from last night.”

“No. I thought you would come back today, but I see you had other things in mind.”

Nerio's friendly face turned into a frown and his head started to hang while his whole structure seemed to go lower.

“Maybe tomorrow,” Anabell put her bag on her back and used the straps “I just have a lot I need to get done and plus I have school tomorrow,” she explained while placing her palm on his cheek.

“I do not know why you bother going to a mortal school, for as long as they go to school for we still have more knowledge then them,” Nerio started to sit down on his bed and escaped from Anabell's hand.

“It's for bigger reasons,” Anabell sat down next to him “but I tomorrow I just will not go to school just to spend the day with you.”

“Thank you.”

They both got up and gave each other a hug.

“Let me walk you out,” Nerio said.