Chapter 11

Valentina's POV

As I was walking home I couldn't help but think about the kiss I shared with Carnell. It was the kiss I've been dreaming about having forever, I kept biting my bottom lip just at the thought of it. I kept smiling all the way home. I finally reached my apartment building and I wasn't even inside yet and I could hear all of the screaming.

“I am so done putting up with all of your crap,” my dad calmly said.

“ME?! My crap?! How in the hell you gonna come up in here and expect everything to be alright when you were gone for months and I had to do all your duties. Welfare checks aren't as much as they used to be!,” my mom said distastefully.

I sighed. I was going to have to go in the middle of all that crap. I quietly opened the already unlocked door and tried to go in unnoticed.

“VALENTINA!,” my mom's voice exploded “Where in the hell were you?!”

Crap.

“You see, Daniella, you can't approach Valentina like that, you are too harsh on her, I'm pretty sure she had a good reason”,my dad retaliated.

My mom rolled her eyes.

“Honey, why were you late coming home?,” my dad asked with pleading eyes.

I didn't want to make my dad look bad, by saying I was with a boy, that would only prove my mom's point that they should be harsher on me, so I had to lie.

“There was some random cheerleading practice today, I'm sorry,” I said with a sorry kind of face on.

“Okay hun,” my dad replied “Just go to your room for now, dinner will be ready soon.”

I nodded and went to my room. I heard someone in the shower so I guessed it was Gabrielle since she wasn't here. All I could hear is that constant arguing.

“No! I'm not movin' no where with your bum ass. You talkin' about you got an apartment downtown, how you got that apartment if you ain't got no money. If you do got money then I want my child support check!,” my mom argued.

“I've already asked you to forgive me for the child support especially since the state was supporting you already. Just please compromise with me, move in with me, I love you, I love the kids, let's just all be happy instead of living in a place as small as this,” my dad was now begging.

“Nigga no. Get out my house, go live over there by yourself and leave me and my kids alone.”

“You know what, I'm done arguing, I will leave, but I'm taking one of the kids with me.”

“Whatever,” my mom started to scream “Kids get out here, yo daddy got a surprise.”

Knocked on the bathroom door and told Gabrielle and after exchanging some 'hellos' and 'how was your day', she walked with me to the living room.

“So, what's going on?,” Gabrielle asked. Gabrielle and I sat on the couch while our parents stood up in front of us, rarely having any room because of the coffee table.

“Well, kids your mother and I -,” my dad started just for my mom to cut him off.

“Yo daddy ain't wanna stay here no more and one of you children gotta go with him. To save him of his long speech.”

“Well, your mother basically just summed it up,” my dad tried putting on a fake smile “Which one of you guys want to live downtown with me. I immediately said I wanted to and my dad gave me a welcoming smile with open arms for me to hug him.

“So that's how it is Valentina,” my mom stood with her hands on her hips “After all of your bullshit I have put up with this is how you wanna go and repay me. I have been here taking care of YOUR ASS,” my mom pointed her finger at me and her eyes got bigger only giving me more of a reason to hold my dad tighter. I figured it was only a matter of time that my mom really pissed my dad off.

“THAT IS ENOUGH!,” my dad raised his voice.

Even I was scared no one has ever heard my dad raise his voice like that.

“I am tired of you constantly screaming at her, I can't even imagine what you have put her through for time I was gone! Valentina got pack up your stuff we are leaving tonight!”

With my inner smile he released me from our half hug and gave me a push towards my room. I could here my mom screaming behind us.

“Whatever nigga whatever. Take you and yo dirty child. It's about time you grew some balls.”

From that my dad and I went to our rooms and started packing up our things in some old suitcases we found.