Chapter 12

Valentina's POV

I woke up on such a warm, cozy bed. This apartment with my dad was fantastic. It was spacious, two huge bedroom place. I especially loved my room because I had a lot of natural light with a large closet and some cool lava thingy lamp. My room looked kind of blank despite the light blue color on my wall because there was nothing in it since I just moved in. After, what happened last night I didn't know how to feel. I was partially broken hearted because I left Gabriella and may rarely have a chance to see her because there was no way I was good back to my mom's house, but of course I was excited because of my date with Carnell today and I'm living in this rockin' apartment now. In the midst of my thoughts I heard a knock on my door.

“Sweetie,” my dad called out to me “Can I come in?”

“Yeah,” I half yawned out.

He opened the door halfway with his hand still on the knob he stood there.

“I'm about to head off to work, I made you some breakfast, it's in the microwave, I left a key on the table for you, get to school on time.”

“Okay, thanks dad.”

“Your welcome sweetie, have a nice day,” he gave me a “morning smile” and closed the door.

“You too,” I managed to squeeze in before he closed the door. Then I heard the door close and looked at the clock. I had about two hours to get to school which left me a lot of time to just relax since my school was right across the street. I decided to get up do the normal routine brush teeth, take a shower, get dressed, I got my food out of the microwave and ate at the elegant dining table. I sat there in silence while I ate my food. When I put my dishes in the sink that is when I walked into the living room and recognized the huge 61” flat screen television. It instantly drawed me to it, I placed my hand over the remote I turned on the TV to watch Spongebob Squarepants. I loved that show. I was so drawn to it that I didn't realize a whole hour already passed and I rushed to get to school since now I only had about 20 minutes to get there.

I made it just in time for the first bell to ring and headed to my first period class since I didn't see Anabell. My whole day all I thought about was how my date with Carnell would go. I was really hoping that I wouldn't do something in front of him or even do something embarrassing like fart, then he really won't talk to me again. The day seemed to be going by so slow, every class I had a window seat so watching the sun not get so far up in the sky made it seem even longer. But, the sun did seem to be gleaming and giving off wonderful heat, so I felt like it would be a good day and everything would be fine.