Chapter 9

Anabella's POV

As I closed my locker in school, I kept thinking about Keir. I was so pissed thinking about what happened last night. I wanted to place the blame on someone, but I had to come to realization that it was my fault. I chose to leave school to be with Nerio, so I had to accept the consequences. The only thing that calmed me at this point was thinking about Nerio. It was nice to know that I had at least one person on my side.

“Hiya,” Valentina approached me.

Ugh, I really was not in the mood to talk to this girl. If it was not for her I would not have had to even show up to school and I would have still been apart of my court. But, I had to put a fake smile on my face.

“Hey,” I put on the best smile I could muster.

“So, how was your morning?”

“Good, just tired.”

“Oh ok.”

Valentina leaned her back against the lockers, it was then I saw how she looked. Her face looked like she was holding something in, that she really wanted to say. She had on those same old flats that she's been wearing since the beginning of the school year, with a plain purple t-shirt, jeans and her hair was in a ponytail. It was just her normal everyday look and if I'm not mistaking she wore those pants yesterday. Her outfit looked way basic compared to my light blue, long sleeved button down shirt, beige plaid skirt, black boots and hair out with a headband on. Midway from putting my book in my locker I asked her.

“Is there something you want to tell me,” I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh my gosh yes!,” she said excitedly now holding on to my wrist.

“What is it?”

“I met this boy yesterday!”

Oh, now I'm interested.

“Really! What's his name?! What school does he go to?!”

“His name is Carnell and I don't know what school he goes to.”

Oh gosh. I hope he is not the Carnell that I know. Hopefully, it is a different one because I am really starting to get irritated with faeries interference with mortals.

“Oh. Well how does he look?”

“He that the cutest shiny tan hair, he was a couple of inches taller than me, a little buff, a little darker than my shin complexion.”

“Did he have green eyes?,”

“Well, I thought they were brownish-green, but yeah I guess.”

Shit, that was Carnell he is so stupid, I know he must know at this point that Keir is after her, so why would he even put himself in that position to get in the way of Keir's plans, he's not even a full Cardinal King yet. I had to make Valentina not see anything in him because if his dumbass starts another faerie war I'm afraid for Nerio. It's not that I don't think he's strong because he is. It's just I don't want him to risk himself get hurt over crap that could have been avoided.

“Where did you meet him?,”

“He was in the same train car as me and protected me from these three girls.”

“Oh, but I don't know Valentina.”

“What do you mean,” she let go of my wrist.

“Just meeting someone in the train car is creepy, be careful.”

“Oh yeah”, she looked a little discouraged “I will, but I'm not really sure when I'll see him again.”

I closed my locker and put the lock on it, then clicked it.

“So it was a chance of luck if you saw him.”

“Well yeah, he kinda came out of nowhere onto my train car.”

“Creep alert,” I sang in a little tune while with her to class.

“I guess,” she nervously laughed a little.

I kept wanting to persuade her more, not for my purpose, but for Keir's purpose. Even thought I wasn't apart of his court anymore my zodiac sign was still apart of it, so I could never be fully unbounded until I learn to be a solitary faerie on my own. And that will take some time. I sighed.

“You okay?,” she questioned in response to my sigh.

“Yeah, just thinking about the long day I have ahead.”

“Oh, well feel better,” she stopped walking “This is my class. Bye!”

“Alright, I'll talk to you later. Bye.”

Then she headed into her class, and I walked down the hallway to mine.