12

mitch looked up when scott walked into the library of the castle and he grinned. the small boy immediately got up and ran over to him, squealing, "scottie! scottie, scottie, scottie, scottie!"

scott smiled. "hi."

mitch hugged him tightly.

scott hugged him back, closing his eyes.

"i missed you," mitch said quietly, peeking up at him.

"i missed you too, baby," scott said softly, pulling him back into his arms.

mitch smiled and held his arms up.

scott picked him up and held him to his chest possessively, sitting down right there on the floor.

mitch giggled quietly and glanced up at him. "scott, what are you-"

scott pecked his lips to quiet him, pulling him even closer and closing his eyes.

mitch hesitantly laid his head on scott's shoulder, never taking his eyes off of him. "scott-"

"shh." scott held him closely and leaned his head against mitch's without opening his eyes.

mitch frowned slightly and tried again, "scott, what-"

"shh."

mitch tried yet again. "scott-"

"baby, shh," scott murmured. throughout this entire exchange, he didn't open his eyes once.

mitch sighed before falling silent and he wrapped his legs around scott's waist, leaning against him.

scott splayed his hands over mitch's lower back, murmuring an almost inaudible, "mine."

mitch heard him and nodded, looking up at him. "yours," he whispered.

scott met his eyes and took mitch's hand, placing it on his chest where his heart would be. "yours."

mitch nodded slightly and whispered quietly, "mine."

scott nodded and repeated softer, wrapping his arms around him again, "yours."

mitch stared at him for a moment, getting lost in his eyes.

scott didn't really notice, chewing his lip as he pulled mitch closer.

mitch pecked his lips quickly, but soon pulled away.

scott glanced up at him and kept his arms around mitch's small waist. "are you thirsty?"

mitch shook his head, his eyes lightening.

scott nodded and murmured a soft, "i love you."

"i love you more."

"i love you most," scott whispered, pulling him against his chest.

mitch leaned against scott's chest and closed his eyes, setting his head in the crook of scott's neck.

a man carefully crawled through an open window in the main hall of the castle, smirking to himself. once he was inside, he glanced around and walked slowly down the hallway, taking in everything and deciding what he was going to take.

scott tensed and sat straight up, looking cautiously around.

mitch looked up at him at the sudden movement and frowned slightly. "sco-"

"shh." scott slowly lifted mitch off his lap and allowed his eyes to darken.

the man strolled around the castle, humming quietly to himself as he collected artwork from the walls, pottery from the bedrooms, and anything else he could find.