epilogue

mitch sighed relievedly when he finally got cole to go to bed and he sat next to him for a minute, rubbing his back and humming quietly.

scott smiled from the doorway, his heart filled with love.

mitch looked up at scott and smiled tiredly. "hi."

"hi, baby," scott murmured.

mitch carefully stood up and leaned down to kiss the smaller boy's forehead. he pulled the covers of his bed over him and walked over to turn off the lights, then walked out with scott and gently closed the door.

scott smiled and wrapped his arms around mitch's waist, gently pressing him against the wall and bending down to connect their lips.

mitch kissed back gently, cupping scott's face.

scott kept his hands on mitch's hips, tilting his head slightly.

mitch gently pulled away and smiled slightly at him.

"i love you."

"i love you too. come on," he flicked his hand and then they were in bed, snuggled up under the sheets.

scott pulled him closer, closing his eyes.

mitch curled up against scott's chest and laid his head on scott's shoulder.

"you're really beautiful."

"thank you, scottie," mitch murmured.

scott smiled and pulled him closer. "i'm so glad i get to spend eternity with you."

mitch peeked his eyes open to steal a glance up at him, a small smile on his lips. "me too."