the end of everything

Graduation is happening tomorrow and I never talked to him since we "kinda" broke up. I really wanted to talk to him because I don't want to leave this place with regrets. I don't want to be haunted by the thought, "What if I talked to him? What if I apologize to him?". I think this is the time to really open up.

"Graduation practice is dismissed. Congratulations for the people who will move on to the next chapters of their lives." the teacher declared.

Everyone is leaving the gymnasium and I'm here waiting. Waiting for him.

I saw Mike leaving the gymnasium and alas his squad is not around him. This is the right time, girl. Grab and talk to him.

I ran to the door and grabbed his arm.

"Hey!" Mike shouted.

"We need to talk." I didn't wait for his reply and I pulled him and ran.

We went to an empty room and I commanded him to sit down. I stood in front of him.

"Anne, we don't have anything to talk about." Mike said.

"No, we have. And now we're talking about it." I said.

"Okay, here's thing. Tomorrow could be the end of everything. We will part ways. Before we part ways, I really wanted to apologize to you. I want to fix this. I'm sorry that I've been dumb to not notice your subtle things that you did to get me back. Because of that you got tired and stopped showing those things. And I just realized that I'm stupid and asked myself, "Why I didn't respond to that? That could be the chance".  I really wanted to talk to you when I realized those things. But I saw you another day that you're happy and I thought that you don't want to see me anymore." the tears starts to fall into my eyes.

"I still haven't moved on. I know that you sometimes see me with a guy. But It didn't worked. Because I still love you. I think that no one could replace you." Then I started crying.

"But the days and months passed and I thought that I should really let you go. I need to move on." I cried harder and bowed down. I feel the pain in my heart and some joy on my mind because I let it out.

For a short while, I feel something. I feel his arms wrap around me. He hugged me. He whisper this to my ear: I'm sorry that I ran away. We're on the height of something romantic but something struck me. The trauma from my first love. It showed that I'm not awake from that nightmare. But I'm awake ready to get you back and I saw you're happy with someone so I stopped. The time has come, you want to let go, so I'm setting you free. Stop crying. You don't look pretty when you cry.

"You always make me laugh, Mike." I stopped crying and I chuckled.

"The good thing is we are finally moving on." he said.