A Welcome Sight

Chapter 5 Sage

That moment had been long awaited. I was finally going to meet him, face to face.Well, kind of. He was the only thing that was on my mind ever since that first message. Whenever he asked to get on Skype, my heart nearly pounded out of my chest. I was so excited, but I was nervous as well. What if he doesn't like what he sees? What if he isn't nearly what I imagined he would be? What if he's just creepy like Ian?

Casting my doubts aside, I attempted to open Skype. Just like my entire day, the program froze and became unresponsive. Come on, damned computer! He's waiting on me! After it finally worked, I typed in the information as fast as I could. Just as I logged on, I received the call.

I instantly answered, and I couldn't believe what I saw. He was gorgeous! Honestly, I expected some average-looking bookworm type guy, but Elliot was like a model. He must've played sports, because I could see he muscles through his clothes. What I wouldn't have given to have him in my room right then. In spite of my fears, the conversation instantly took off. We talked about everything, where we went to school, what we wanted to do, what our interests were. Before I knew it, it was three in the morning.

As much as I didn't want do, I said goodnight to Elliot, very tempted to snap a screenshot before he left. As quietly as I good, I got up and started getting ready for bed. I did the usual routine, gathering my books, stripping to my underwear, and crawling into bed. It was as soon as my head hit the pillow that I realized something. I'd just turned seventeen. I get a car today. I have a life, starting today. I didn't realize any of it, all because I finally got to talk to him.

Unsurprisingly, I didn't care. It was still my birthday, and the fact that I finally got to see him made it that much better. For the first time in ages, I drifted off to sleep with a big smile on my face. My first and last thoughts that day were of Elliot, and now finally I got some of the answers I desperately asked myself. With him in mind, I drifted off to a sleep which involved a very good dream involving Elliot. By the time I woke up, wasn't sure what I was more excited about, the fact that it was my seventeenth birthday, or the fact that I had a very inticing dream about someone that I wouldn't mind making a reality.