Are You Happy Now

John's POV

   I wake up for school it's the last day of the first week. I notice Alexander left probably not wanting to see me. Well I don't want to see him... yeah I do. I get up slip on a t-shirt and sweat pants I don't feel like trying today. I run to my class nothing happened I'm surprised everyone left me alone, I look like crap. The day goes by fast. Thoughts don't stop going through my head. What am I gonna do. Alex will get me killed if he's there Sunday. I try to think of excuses that I can tell Alex. I go back to my dorm when school is over. Alex doesn't come. I'm guessing he's at Eliza's. It's a good 5 hours of thinking,doing my homework, and stressing until Alex gets here. I notice him because he slams the door.

"I only gonna rant to you, because you might be the only person that won't hate me tomorrow. I accidentally cheated on Eliza and now she hates me."

"Am I suppose to forget what you said?" I ask him he looks at me heartbroken. Fine be nice.

"You don't have to like me what I said was rude, but I hold my ground.  I am not leaving." I roll my eyes and groan. "Prove me wrong." He said. I couldn't and my dad's not gonna help.

   I sit in my bed in silence. Then I get a text message.

Laf😛: You are not allowed to date Alexander. 

Me: I know he cheated.

Laf😛: WITH THE BIGGEST SLUT. PLUS HOW COULD HE HURT ELIZA. THE POOR LITTLE CINAMON ROLL.

Me: Laf chill. Also its spelled cinnamon. Plus he still hates me.

Laf😛: He wouldn't if you told him the truth.

Me: Got to go.

Laf😛: TELL HIM THE TRUTH.

   Laf is not making me feel any better about this situation. So I text Herc

Me: I need excuses.

HERCULES MULLIGAN😠: With school work,ladies, oh wait you're gayer than gay.

Me: First off shut up second off, I need someone out of the dorm.

HERCULES MULLIGAN😠: Okay rude also Laf tells me not to tell you sorry dude.

Me: Bud, friend, bro, home slice, please he can't be here.

HERCULES MULLIGAN😠: Sorry.

   I groan into my pillow again. Alex looks over at me.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong?" He asks still looking at his laptop.

"You know what's wrong." I say mubbling into my pillow.

"I also know that you were stressed before. Find any of those things out?" He finishes his question by closing his laptop.  He walks over to my bed and sits on it. I roll over. "I have had a terrible day." He says quickly as he connects are lips. He slowly pulls me to a sitting position never breaking the kiss. He pulls away.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked.

He looked at me "Love makes you do stupid things." He says as he kisses me again. It's not till we hear the door slam that we break apart. I jump up.

"Dad-" he cuts me off by hitting me.

"I told you never to call me that." He says. His fist clench not before he looks at Alex.

"Alex, please leave." I say he can't see me like this even worse he can't know.

"No." He stands firmly I know my dad won't hit him, but he will hit me.

   My dad takes his belt off. He slaps me with it hard against my face. I scream Alex gets up to help me. My dad pulls me away from his grasp.

"Alex please." I beg him my voice nearly breaks.

"N-no" He stammers.

   My dad pulls something out of his coat pocket. A whip like thing. He rips my shirt and brings the whip down on my back over the old scars.

"Please" I loom up at him, a single tear rolls down my face.

"You get help. You will regret it for the rest of your life." Alex leaves.

   He brings the whip down harder and harder all 50 times. His fists only aim for my head. He scolds me, I stop listening after the first sentence. He gets a decorated rock that I had on my nightstand he walks over to me and slams it down right on my knee, he does this many times to. It's one hour and thirty minutes before he tells me to text Alex. I try to refuse, but he steals my phone and hits me on the floor once again. We wait for Alex. My father gets bored five minutes in for every minute that passes he hits me with something usually it's the rock. It's 45 minutes by the time Alex gets back his face is a little swollen, but not as bad as me.

   My father grabs him, "Tell anyone, and you won't see him again. Understand me?" Alex nods keeping his glare. My father leaves, but not before hitting me one last time this time not so hard that I fall, it's after he leaves.

   Alex grabs me. I breath, that's all I can do, that's the one thing I don't want to do. I try not to cry in front of Alex. I cry into his shoulder. All he does is hold me close.

"Why did you have to kiss me? Why wouldn't you've left if he came Sunday?" I whisper into his ear afraid if I talk I will break down.

"I... I don't know." Thats his answer. I got beat for loving him, for something he did, and he doesn't have one excuse.

"Let me ask you this," I stand up from his lap that I hate leaving,"are you happy now?"