Chapter 6

Hope you like it

:)

****************************************************************************************

Cody’s POV

My body had been on fire, but as she whispered those threatening words I could feel my warm blood turn to ice. Flashes of my haunted past race through my mind and the screams that I had tried so hard to erase from my memory, penetrate me and rack my body of the coldness that once had me hypnotized. My physical wounds are forgotten as I close my hands over my ears and squeeze my eyes shut. I just want the screams to stop. Why won’t they stop? I rock back and forth trying…trying to comfort myself.  The blood curling shrieks pierce my racing heart every time they echo through my head.

                “S-stop,” I whisper to myself, “p-please stop.” I shake my head from side to side as if I could shake away the pain. “I just want it all to end.” I remove my hands from my ears and dig my nails into my arms. The same familiar feeling of relief washes through me, as my pain increases the horrible screams fade. I come back to reality but a feeling of exhaustion overcomes me and I’m too tired to move. I lie there gasping for air and try to think of something else, anything else to distract myself of the mental agony. It’s then that I remember her dad calling out her name before he yelled at her. I finally know her name.

               Sam. Her name was Sam. And I hate her. I hate her with everything I have, everything that I am. How is it that through all the therapy, group sessions, and counseling, that she was able to reopen a wound that I was sure I buried.

 Sam’s POV

                I can feel the tension in the air, so thick, almost as if I was standing in the room with them. I know what words are being said. I don’t need to hear in order to know. The words are carefully chosen, forcefully thrown, and purposely painful. Each and every one is meant to cause damage. It’s a game they like to play with each other, my parents. They like to see who can withstand the most abuse and who can say the most hurtful things. They like to see who will lose and give in first, but most importantly who will fall the hardest. They take pleasure in their victories, in watching the other one break. They feel as if they’re superior to the other, that they hold more power in the house.

                I know because this is a game they play with me. They both know, as well as I that I’ll be the first one down.

*****************************************************************************************

Pleasee don't kill me cause this is short. I'm soooo sorry but I only had so much time to write this chapter and plus I wanted to have a good cliffhanger. I know I just made things more confusing but I also hope it will keep your attention and spark some curiosity.

Let me know if you like it!

Fan!

Comment!

Vote!

Thanks for reading!