Chapter 3

Sam’s POV

                “W-what are you doing here,” I stutter in shock. How the hell is he here? This is a local bar. I’d expect him to be at a well-known club, but here?

                He just keeps smiling with that mischievous grin, “People expect me to be here,” he explains, “But what are you doing here?”

                “I- I uh… my friend, see… I’ve never been to a club before. So, this is my first time… yeah, my first time! She dragged me here,” I try and protest, “I told her it wasn’t a good idea. I said we should just go back to my house… and uh do homework?”

                “You know,” he says as he leans in to me, putting he lips to my ear, “you’re a terrible liar,” he whispers.

                Chills run down my spine and I lose track of any thought process, “W-what?” I say nervously.

                “I said,” he whispers, pushing my body up against a wall with his own, “You. Are. A. Terrible. Liar,” he says slowly.

                I gulp, “N-no, no I-I’m not.”

                “Yes, you are,” he says huskily, “but I like the new look.”

                That snapped me out of whatever spell or trance I was under. I take a step back and look at him. He looks a little shock that I was able to regain my self-control. I see the lip piercing and it reminds me of who he is. Well, who he seems to be. He probably knows connections, people he was in juvie with that live near the city.

                I roll my eyes, “What do you want?”

                His eyes roam over my body. I’m sure taking in every detail the dress reveals, which is quite a lot. As they very slowly make their way back to meet my eyes, I repress a shiver.  “Should I tell mommy dearest, or will you?” he says, sweetly. I would have almost believed his tone if it weren’t for the infuriating smirk that’s plastered on his damn face.

                I could feel my blood boiling as I narrow my eyes at him. He raises his eyebrows curiously. Who does he think he is? He comes into my home, stays at my house, shows up at my bar, will be attending my school and he thinks he has the right to threaten me. My anger begins to spread throughout my body. “Excuse me?” I say menacingly.

                He looks taken back, his eyes flash with something but I don’t know him well enough to identify it. He composes himself and that freaking smirk starts to creep across his face again. “I’m sure she doesn’t know. But unless you can persuade me otherwise…?” He says wiggling he eyebrows at me and does a quick glance over on my body to indicate what he was referring to.

                I ignore the look and ask, “Persuade you how, exactly?” I say as if he’s slow.

                He rolls his eyes but his smirk grows wider. He takes a step closer and says, “I can just show you was I’m talking about, if you really don’t know?”

                “If you’re referring to anything sexual, you must be delusional,” I hear someone next to me clear their throat. I glance to my right and see that I had forgotten Dylan, until now. Great. That’s going to be a deduction. I look around franticly until I see them staring at me, their piercing eyes judging every move I make. I whip my head back around to face Cody. He ruined it. He hasn’t even been here for a day and he’s found some way to ruin it all. I glare at Cody, “I’m not dealing with you right now, so leave. I’m busy.” With that I started to turn towards Dylan, but I felt a hand grab my wrist and pull me back.

                “Don’t give me that stuck-up prissy attitude,” Cody says in a voice with so much hatred I blink a few time to be sure I heard him right. His eyes are no longer teasing, but dark. “And demanding me to do shit isn’t something you should be doing to get on a delinquents bad side. For all you know, I could’ve murder someone and what’s one less bitchy white girl. So, I would suggest you to rethink how you talk to me, especially since I have dirt on you.”

                I stare at him and look in his eyes, a forever ending ocean. For the first time I wonder what it would be like to switch places with him. What could be swimming underneath the surface? “Then I would suggest you to rethink how you talk to me. I’m only returning the favor.” 

***********************************************************

Sorry it's so short and I promise to upload the next chapter much sooner.

Fan

Comment

Vote

Thanks!  :)