Chapter 18

"Next." I say to the annoying Dreamlord

"So Sarah, you think you can do it all don't you?" I hear the Dreamlords narrative voice ask me.

"Well, I dont mean to brag but..." I know I can't do it all but maybe if I let him believe I am this confident in myself to beat this he will let me out and I can find The Doctor. 

"You know one of the fears Jeanine Matthews saw very often?" He asks me. This Jeanine lady sounds ike a real jerk. 

"Enlighten me," I tell him saractically. 

"Humiliation." I feel like a rock just dropped in my stomach. I am so retarded, I just told him I am in love with The Doctor. What is wrong with me?  

"Yeah?" I ask him, keeping up this cocky cover. "Who are you gonna tell? You are just a sad, lonely thing that uses people's fear for entertainment. I highly doubt you have many friends." Silence. Thats all there is for a moment and in that moment I thought I had won.  

A huge screen appeares out of nowhere, of course, and on that screen is a man with a tweed jacket and a bow tie. 

"So Doctor, tell her the fascinating information we have been withholding from her." The Dreamlord tells The Doctor. 

"No," He says. He glares at the Dreamlord and never makes eye contact with me once.

"Fine, but it would have been funnier if you had." The Dreamlord sighs. "He has been listening this whole time."

My cheekes are so red im sure they looked like the sweater I'm wearing.

"In fact, while you think you are in this simulation he is sitting right next to you. Watching you." He said. "A little creepy if you ask me. Well, I guess I dont have room to talk because I'm the one who put him there." He laughs. He heard me. Crap crap crap. 

After I get over the utter embarrasment i look back up on this screen. I dont say a word i just look at The Doctor, And for the first time since he appeared on this screen, he looks back at me. I try to bury the humiliation with the fact that he could like me. It's possible. 

"This isn't humiliation." I say to the Dreamlord. "You just saved me the trouble and, frankly, awkwardness of telling him myself. So thank you, Dreamlord, for being a perfect shrink." 

______________________________

Here is a baby chapter after the year that I havent updated lol.