Chapter 17- Alive and Lessons Learned

"Violet," a voiced echoed though the darkness. My eyes fluttered open. "Vi," the echoed again. I was in pitch-black nothingness.

"Hello?" I called out, the voice echoed in the room. I stood to my feet, blindly outstretching my hands to grasping the emptiness.

"Violet, wake up," the voice echoed.

"No.. I can't," I whisper, scared of the responce that might follow.

I gently knocked into a wall. I follow it along till I found a grove and then I found it a doorknob. Twisting it the voice called, "Please Vi..come back to us," . 

The door open and the room began to shake on the words. I lost my footing and slipped on the floor, hitting my head on the stone.

I opened my eyes slowly, blinded instantly by a bright lights.

"Thank god," I heard a deep voice say, "Dad she's awake."

I began to sit myself up and a wave of pain hit me, knocking me backing down," O my god..my head...what the f**k happened." I said breathing deeply to attempt to stop the waves of pain.

"Well first off I'm not even sure....I come down to give you clothes and I found you in the bathtub, bleeding to death so um ya," He said quickly.

I looked down seeing a tube  running from my hand up into a bag of liquid above me. My breathing hitched and I began to pull at it at the tube; Mark swiftly pinned my hands down.

"Violet don't pull on that, you'll rip your vein open; you've lost enough already," he said and I stopped fighting.

"How do you know this stuff," I asked rubbing my head.

"I'm studying to be a docter but me being so young I can't get a job. I'm the one Aaron's learned a few tricks here and there," he said simply.

"How old are you anyway?" I asked him trying to start a conversation.

"Twenty," he said nonchalantly.

"Wow I though that you were younger," a little hint of surprise in my voice.

"Well I did graduate early," he chuckle softly.

Aaron showed up In the doorway; I closed my mouth quickly hoping that he'd leave.

"Mark we need to talk," he said his hand on the door frame.

"I got to keep an eye on Vi," he said gesturing to me.

"I don't give a f**k, get your a** downstairs now," he growl.

"Dad, Violet lucky to be alive," Mark said standing in front of me.

"So I need to talk to you," he said pulling his hand back and swinging at Mark.

Mark barely moved as Aaron's hand came in contact with his cheek, "Ugh fine just at least let me check Violet's bandages and maybe find her a shirt and I'll be up," he said and adding, "I have to get some supplies from the closest don't move."

I looked down noticing that I just had my bra and panties on; quickly grabbing the blanket to cover more.

"FINE, Just hurry up," Aaron growled.

Mark and Aaron left and I slid down on the pillows; trying to relive the pain that was pulsating though me. Mark had returned with a shirt over his shoulder and a tray in his hands; setting it by my feet.

He threw the shirt at me, "Um Mark I can't geting dressed with the tube or you here," I said raising my hand.

"So,"  he said pulling the tube off the needle.

Fine I slipped under the blanket pulling the shirt on.Mark replaced the tube and pulling my left arm out, gently unraveling the bandage; repeating the gesture with my other arm. I finaly was able to see the two deep slashed in my wrist.

"Violet, it looks like you should need stitches but I can't," he paused, "Won't stitch them up because I don't have the proper equipment. I can't believe people are capable of this and you of all people could do this." he dabbled some strong-smelling liquid.

I felt my face flush, "Ouch," I jumped slightly pulling away.

"Violet you're in good hands," he said soothingly pulling it back continuing to dab away.

"Oh ya," I said sarcastically," say the one who helped kidnap me. And what did.you mean by 'someone like me'?"

"Aaron isn't that bad though and it's surprized that such a happy kid like you could try this," he said placing butterfly closures on my wrists.

"And that's why I live like that. You don't know him like I do, you don't know what he did to me," losing my voice near the end.

"Yes I know Aaron is harsh but he's my dad," he said wrapping each wrist with fresh gauze. "What am I suppose to do?"

"Mark he did a lot to me, things that made what you see today...I have lied to a lot of people..so no one could see what he did to me," I said, taking a deep breath.

"Okay I'm all done that should heal soon but I'm going to give you something for the pain.Okay?" he asked pulling vials out.

I just nodded too tired for anything else. He pulled out a large syringe, I began to panicked.

"Shh Vi you're okay," he said pushing the syringe into the vial. He removed it, pushing it into a valve on the tube. "I'm sorry..I have to," He looked at me and pushed the content into the tube.

The contents of the syringe took effects immediately and I felt my eyes slid close. The last thing I say before the drugs took over completely was Aaron standing at the foot of the bed unbuttoning his shirt.