A Deal

Elsa's P.O.V. 

I dove out of the window, sliding on newly formed ice then melting it behind me as I went. 

The wind whipped my hair out of my face, my braid flying backwards as I slid down away from North's Workshop. 

Finally, I could no longer see the wretched place.  But I was not in the clear yet, or close at all probably.  I stopped sliding and sat on the cold, icy terrain of the North Pole.  What was I going to do?  I had just lost my only friends, my newly reconciled sister probably hated me, and now I was out here, with nowhere to go. 

Nowhere I would be wanted anyway. 
And what about the Guardians?  That thought hit me like a train.  What were they to think?  They already knew all my secrets of course, but what we're they going to tell the other six? 

I shook my head.  "I need to go."  But the question was: where?  Where could I go?  I couldn't keep running from my problems forever, as much as I'd like to. 

"Arrendelle."  I whispered.  Of course!  The North Mountain!  I could go there and see if my ice palace is still standing. 

❄  ❄  ❄

As it turned out, my ice palace actually was still standing.  Though not without some flaws.  I didn't care, it would give me something to work on and keep my mind off of things. 

I hummed as I worked, slowly defrosting the icicles that had formed while I had fought Hans so long ago.  I repaired the chandelier that had apparently fallen when I died, and I smoothed out punctures and dents in the walls. 

Three days later, I looked out at the horizon from my newly repaired balcony, only to discover that there was a thick screen of snowflakes that swirled around the palace.  Just visible to me if I concentrated very hard. 

It must be some kinda smoke screen.  I thought.  I couldn't help but feel smug about that.  Maybe it would keep everyone from finding me. 

Maybe I didn't need it because they wouldn't want to find me. 

With that thought, I broke down and cried.  I remembered how broken Jack's voice had sounded.  The look of hurt on Rapunzel's face.  The disbelief in Anna's eyes.  The anger in Merida and Hiccup's tones. 

"Why?"  I eventually managed to ask, my voice croaking as I formed words.  "Why did this have to happen to me?"

"It's your own fault, Little Sister." A voice echoed from the shadows. 

"Pitch?"  My voice cracked. 

"Yes.  It's me Elsa."  The spirit said.  "So tell me, how does it feel to have your biggest come true, your biggest secrets revealed?  To have your friends reject you?

"Stop Pitch.  Please."  I begged.  Every time he reminded me of what had happened, it was like he had stabbed me.  (16 times in the chest.  Sorry!)

"Why?  So they can reject you again?"

"Who said I'm going back there?" 

"Ah, but I know you want to Elsa.  That's your little flaw.  You just don't know when to stay out of things." 

"I don't care Pitch."  I said, trying to sound strong. 

Pitch carried on as if I had not spoken, "So I've decided that I should offer you another option." 

"Another option?"  The words blurted out of my mouth before I could stop them.  I should've already known that there was another option.  Fear always has two options.  Forget Everything And Run, or Face Everything And Rise. 

"Yes.  Another option."  Pitch said with a smirk, "You could come and see your friends, and let them know you no longer want anything to do with them."

"And how's that?"  My curiosity peaking. 

"Well I was thinking that I could pay your friends a little visit.  Not to cause havoc of course."  He said. 

"But how-"  I never finished my question. 

"You just have to stand their and support me.  Make them feel guilty for not listening to you.  Shoot ice at one of them or something."  Pitch said, flapping a hand nonchalantly. 

I weighed my options.  Maybe this was an opportunity to redeem myself.  Maybe I could learn something about Pitch's plans before we "visited" the workshop. 

"Fine."  I agreed. 

"Good!  Now your outfit could use a change.  Something a little darker."  And then he was gone. 

I looked down at my clothes.  I had changed them into the ice dress I had worn so long ago.  "I need to stop living in the past."  I said, and summoning all of the pain I had felt the past three days I turned my dress into a shade of black.  Darker than midnight. 

"Pitch."  I called. 

"Yes little sister?"  He asked reappearing. 

"I'm ready to go." 

"Good.  Now I'm going to ask you to put this little gift on.  Just so when we see your friends they can see you're on my side."  He said all of this while he handed me a locket.  I opened it and it was full of black sand.  "It'll appear clear to them."  He said. 

"Now.  Let us go, yeah?" 

Every instinct told me not to trust Pitch.  Not to put on the locket.  I ignored all of them and put it on anyway. 

"Let's go."