02

Chance

I wake up in Hunter's arms. He was staring down at me. 

"Hey," I say in a raspy voice. 

"Hey Squint," He smiles kissing the top of my forehead making me giggle. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asks. I nod. He smiles at me. 

"Yeah. Speaking of sleep, Good night," I smile closing my eyes. 

"No no no... You got to get up and go to school," He smiles. I groan. 

"Do I have to?" I ask sitting up. He nods. 

"But what if Avery bothers me?" I question as I walk toward my closet to pick out an outfit which was a gray sweatshirt and sweatpants. 

"Ooh, can I pick out your outfit?" He asks laughing. I nod and sigh. He picks out a crop top and leggings. He throws it at me. 

"No. I'll look like a slut," I sigh.

 "You won't look like a slut cause you aren't a slut," He says smiling at me. 

"Whatever," I sigh walking into the bathroom to change.

 "How should I do my hair?" I yell at him. 

"Side braid," He yells back. I do as he says and walk out. I spin as he awe's. 

"Awe, what?" I ask. 

"Awe. You look cute," He laughs. I smile and kiss his cheek as my mom walks in. 

"Oh. What's going on here?" She asks. 

"Nothing," I smile grabbing his hand as he runs with me to the bottom of the stairs. 

"Why are we rushing?" He asks me.

 "You can't go to school in your pajamas," I laugh. He smiles as we run to his house. We bust through his door as his mom looks at us in confusion. 

"Don't want to be late," I laugh. She smiles holding her arms out for a hug. 

"Hey mom," I smile.

 "Hey Chance," She smiles back at me. Brandon walks in without a shirt on. 

"Ew!!" I laugh. 

"Oh shut up and ew yourself," He says grabbing an apple from the bowl on the counter. 

"Oh shut up," I sigh. He laughs and pulls me into a hug.

 "You know I'm joking," He says laughing. Ashton rounds the corner at full speed and runs into me. He wraps his arms around me. 

"CHANCE!!" He squeals.

 "Hey Ash," I smile. 

"I missed you," He smiles. 

"I missed you too, kiddo," I laugh kissing his forehead. He laughs. Hunter comes back down in a maroon shirt and blue jeans. He winks at me as I whistle. 

"Ew," Brandon says I hug Hunter. 

"What's up with you?" Hunter asks as I shiver. 

"I'm just cold," I sigh. He nods. 

"Bye mom," We both sigh walking to the door.

 "No, I'm taking you guys to school. Brandon get dressed and Ashton go put on your shoes," She sighs as we wait. After 2 minutes Brandon runs down to the car. We pack into the car before Mrs. Rowland drives away. We stop at the elementary school first since Ashton's school starts 30 minutes before the rest of us. 

"Bye Ashton, I love you," Mrs. Rowland and I say. 

"Oh, well I see how the Rowland brothers treat each other," I laugh as the boys just nod at there little brother.

 "Bye Ashton," They sigh. Their mom sighs in disappointment as she drives us to the hell that is high school. When she gets there, Hunter jumps out of the car and walks to one of his friends leaving Brandon and me in the car. Brandon walks out, but unlike Hunter, he doesn't mumble goodbye. 

"Goodbye Mrs. Rowland. Thank you for the ride," I smile. 

"Why can't Hunter and Brandon be more like you?" She asks. I laugh and walk over to Hunter and his friends. 

"Hey Chance," They groan.

 "Yeah well I don't want to see you either," I sigh walking away. Hunter follows as Avery approaches me. I sigh as Hunter kind of shields me from her. Here we go again.