Ch 10: Deceived

*Dahvie*

Jayy has been acting so strange. I'm still trying to figure out why he acted so harshly towards Mercy; everyone likes her. She has this sweet, innocent smile, and her carrot-colored hair frames her face beautifully. She's very beautiful; definitely a girl I would have tried to get close to, before Jayy fell from the tree. I just don't see anything dangerous about her. Andy has barely left her side since we found her a week ago. And I thought I saw them holding hands one night. We tried to talk to her to get more information about her, or the demons she was with. All we managed to get her to spill is that she use to be with a dark, evil group of demons. They tortured her, raped her, and beat her constantly. That day we found her, apparently she had run away. She claims that the demons are behind the blood tree that Drew took his life under. Jayy seems to be the only person that doesn't believe her.

There's a part of me that wants to trust Jayy's judgement, but I can't help but trust this girl. It's like an instinct, I want to protect that girl.

There's a small knock on the door, and Jayy opens it. "Hey, Dahvs?" we found another dead bunny."

I signed, and got off the bed, "No angels?"

Jayy looked me in the eye as I walked over to him, "Not yet."

He's worried, I can tell. He's been very restless since Mercy showed up, and we found the dead body of the angel girl. We found her group of angels, they invited us into their big, spacious homes among the trees, but haven't found any suspects or clues to the murder. It's been a week since Mercy showed up, and two days ago we found a boy from the angel's group dead, drained of blood. And a dead animal, every day. The lack of progress is eating Jayy alive. I ran the back of my fingers along his strong jawbone, "We'll figure this out. It'll be ok."

His hand is still on the doorknob, and he shifted his eyes to the ground. "What if it's Kelly next? Or Jeffree? Or Adrian? Or even one of these angels here, either way... I'm tired of seeing our family growing smaller and smaller. Seeing these brutal deaths and not being able to stop it. It's killing me."

It's killing me to see my Jayy looking so miserable. I lift his face with my fingers, and I see there's a crease between his eyebrows, in worry. "We'll solve this. We won't lose anyone else." When his worry-crease didn't disappear, I kissed him, sweetly, until I felt his face loosen up a little.

He put his hands on my face and broke the kiss, "I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to argue-"

"Don't be sorry," I cut him off, "I know you've been so stressed." I stared at his gorgeous face, that was currently looking down again. He's so handsome, but he's getting purple circles under his eyes. Why don't you try to rest? I'll go look at the... Dead bunny." He looked up at me, I can tell he was contemplating in his head. But before he could disagree, I led him to the bed by the hand. "Sleep, Jayybear," I gently yanked his arm, making him fall on the bed, and thankfully I got him to laugh. I crawled on top of him and straddled him, and whispered in his ear, "I'll come join you after I handle this." I kissed his ear, and crawled off of him.

Jayy propped himself up on his elbows, "Okay, but hurry," he whined, "I love you."

"I love you too, Jayy."

*Jayy*

I watched as Dahvie closed the door behind him, then I laid flat on the bed with my arms out. I really was getting tired. I've barely slept at all since Mercy. I can't shake my instincts about her. I wonder where she is now. Probably off alone somewhere with Andy. I hope she doesn't do anything to him. Maybe she's hiding in the trees, the bunny was a trap, to get Dahvie out of my sight. My eyes shot open. Oh no. I'm not tired anymore.