Ch 7: It Never Ends

*Dahvie*

I can't stop laughing. Jayy is here, looking better than ever. All of our friends are okay, a little bloody and sweaty from the fight, but I think they've all forgot about it. I'd be worried they're all suffocating Jayy to death, but I'm pretty sure he's indestructible. He catches my glance and sees me laughing my ass off, then just goes limp and lets everyone fuss over him.

But then I notice I'm sticky... I look down and there's blood smeared all over my shirt. I touch my back, and I'm soaked in blood. That's right... I was stabbed or something. I see an arrow on the ground, next to a big black spot which I assume is from me. Damn, thats a lot of blood... I look around the clearing. Scanning every spot between the trees. And I can't believe my eyes.

Garrett. He's glaring at me, about a hundred feet away. His skin is glowing red, and so are his eyes. His face is pure anger. Anger that I didn't die. There's a bow in his hand. I clench my fists and prepare to charge at him, but he turns and runs away into the forest, as fast as he can. Fuck. The demon that made it his sole purpose in life to destroy us. He must have crawled out of the crack that Jayy made.

As I stand there, taking in all that's happened, I feel Jayy's long arms around my waist, from behind. "Dahvie, what's wrong?" He says in my ear. I feel instantly comforted, and I'm taken aback by the feeling of bliss from Jayy's touch.

"It was Garrett! He shot Dahvie!" Kelly exclaimed. "I saw it! He crawled out where Jayy opened the ground." There was fear in her voice, and Aussie instantly embraced her. Her eyebrows are furrowed, and I wince at the memory of Garrett ripping off Kelly's wings.

Everyone gasped and cursed. We had been traveling relatively problem free, now we have to worry about Garrett coming after us.

So much has happened in just one evening. We all almost died, Jayy came back and saved us, and the greatest threat to our safety and happiness, Garrett, returned.

We have to get to safety. That's my first priority. I don't feel safe this close to that bastard. Jayy is still holding me, and his arms tighten around me as everyone starts to worry. I reluctantly turn out of his grasp, and face everyone. "We need to move, I don't feel safe here, we need to get far away, then we'll recuperate and ask Jayy all the burning questions we have." I looked at him and grabbed his hand. I have a ton of questions. Why the fuck did I almost die right when Jayy came back to me? Why are his wings so ginormous, and gold?

I can't think straight, way too much has happened. Everyone else is staring at me, wide-eyed. I imagine almost being murdered by demons, and Jayy coming back, and almost losing me, and seeing Garrett's ugly face again, all in just a few minutes left everyone breathless. So Jayy speaks up, "Lets fly north a ways, but we should stay near the shore, so we could always make a getaway with the dolphins." After a few more seconds of staring, Adrian, Drew, and Aussie, holding a shaking Kelly, started circling the clearing, watching for any threat to come back. I curse in my head, we won't ever get a good night's sleep again, not until we find a way to get rid of Garrett. Even then, this attack will probably put everyone on edge. There's always a threat of attack, any second.

I turn my gaze back to Jayy. He tilts his head to the side, "Jeffree you're still bleeding."

He was staring at Jayy, too, he didn't even notice that blood was soaking his shirt and running down his leg. His hands were shaking when he pinched his shirt away from his chest. "Oh Fuck!" Jayy steps forward and heals Jeffree with just his hand. The more I stare at his beauty, the more I think he's a different kind of angel, like a higher-power. He is taller, Jeffree has to look up to him, even in heels. Jeffree holds Jayy's hand to his chest, "I missed you." I decide I should change out of my bloody clothes, I just keep my ears on Jayy.