Chapter 29, The Royal Union

Just two short months later, the day of the Royal Wedding finally arrived. The guests all mingled in the castle garden, awaiting the ceremony. Every royal in the Five Lands had appeared, even the Fearie King, Christophe. That morning was very cool and crisp, a warm breeze blowing in from the South. Birds sang and there were bright and elated smiles on every single face.

The castle gardens bore some color, the rows of flowers now harboring vibrant red roses, beautiful azaleas, and lovely heliotropes. They transformed the sea of white blooms into a gorgeous ray of stunning pinks. The King had sent one of the royal groundskeepers all the way to Gatyl to get them.

Yuri excitedly dragged his soon-to-be husband along, his cheeks pained from smiling so much. It was finally time for the special surprise that he had set up with the help of King Roman. The two sped off together like a pair of hyper children, neither of them able to hold in their eagerness.

"Where are you taking me?" Otabek called out, stumbling along behind his energetic lover,"We aren't running off into the maze again, are we?"

"No, silly!" Yuri chuckled in reply,"Not this time. I have a surprise for you!"

"A surprise?"

"Yes!"

The Letanian ushered his fiancé into the throne room, adoring the perplexed expression on his face. Yurio had been looking forward to this almost as much as he had been looking forward to their wedding. All that long waiting would be worth it the moment he saw Beka's face light up, and he felt his heart race even more at the thought.

"So, what's this surprise?" the knight inquired, squeezing Yuri's hand.

Yuri responded with a smirk,"A special introduction."

The older furrowed his brow, unsure of what the boy meant. Who in the world could possibly be left to meet? Exactly how many people had his Yura invited? Every guest that he knew, and several that he didn't had already said hello to the both of them. He had already met Yuri's mother the month before, so who could he possibly mean?

"Introduction? But who-?" the Gatylian paused his question as the great double doors at the far end of the room swung wide open.

Entering from the grand archway was a beaming group of five, a rather tall man and a pretty woman, a happy, little girl and peeking out from behind them was a set of twin boys. They all five sported messy mops of thick, jet black hair and the signature sharp, onyx eyes of Gatyl. The man had a wide farmer's build, the woman a noble's dignified air, the two boys a nervous sense of wonderment, and the apparent daughter a powerful fire in her six year old gaze.

Otabek couldn't recall ever having seen them before. They weren't familiar, but the knight felt as if maybe they should have been. Their growing smiles were comfortable, reassuring, as if they had flashed them to the Gatylian countless times before. He also noticed that tears had begun to trickle down the woman's pink-tinted cheeks.

"Re visten... Who are they?" the knight croaked, feeling as if he already knew the answer.

"Beka," the younger sang, linking their arms together, his own grin spreading speedily,"that's your family."

The knight tensed, his own dark eyes tearing up. He had spent all of his life wondering about his family, wanting desperately to know who they might be, what they looked like... never once had he imagined that he'd have the chance to know them. Now here they were, in front of him, the youngest now running up with her arms outstretched.