Car Radio

Tyler didn't finish the dishes. It was almost 3 am, and he was sitting on his phone, waiting for a call. He walked away to get some water.

Ring.

Tyler ran over to his phone picking it up.

"H-hey, Tyler? Ryan isn't answering my calls. Can I stay over? I need somewhere to go..." Josh faded off.

"Of course. The doors open you don't have to knock." He said. Tyler hung up, and a few minutes later, he saw the boy standing in the door way.

Tyler walked up to him, taking his jacket. Josh hugged him, beginning to sob in his shoulder.

"We only just met, and you are already one of my best friends." He said, tears falling down his eyes.

"Hey, I'm here for you. I always will be." Tyler responded.

Tyler walked towards the closet, and grabbed the flat air mattress from off the floor.

"I'll go put this in my room. You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the mattress." Tyler insisted.

"T-thank you so much." Josh said.

The two spent most of the night laying down facing the ceiling talking about themselves and their lives.

"My parents work a lot, and when they don't I stay locked in my room. They don't care enough to come in here. They just yell to come get me." Tyler said.

"So you could stay as long as you like. They aren't home when I leave in the morning, and my mom probably won't care." Tyler said.

Josh looked up with a face that wasn't sure if Tyler was telling the truth or not.

"Um since winter break is in a week, can I stay here? I can't stay at Ryan's and I really don't want to be home." He said.

Tyler grabbed his hands and looked him in the eyes.

"You can stay forever if you wish." Tyler said.

Josh smiled wide, and put his arms around his small frail body.

Josh already knew he cared about Tyler more than he cared about anything else.