「 ' ♡ 20. - HALF MOON. 」

CHAPTER 020

" half moon "

The world didn't become fuzzy or anything of the sort when one is drunk, Paul realized as he bumped into yet another of the many edges of tables that the interior designer of this club had scattered around it

No, the world didn't become fuzzy or hazy, like he'd thought. The universe just went through itself and moves things over just a few centimeters.

It was awful.

Paul and Linda had drank themselves into a stupor before deciding to teeter down a few blocks to find themselves grinding in the middle of a wall of sound in a nightclub called Level.

The blonde was a pretty handsy drunk and Paul felt her run those tiny hands of hers up his chest. He tried to coerce a feeling -- any type of feeling -- for what was inevitably about to happen, but he couldn't muster anything of the sort.

It was because he was drunk, right? 

The whole world didn't revolve around sex, he knew that much. It revolved around things like happiness and friendship, or at least it should have. He loved to idealize everything; he always had.

Paul tried to work through the complexities of the universe, but it was a rather tough deal because of the fact that he had downed three shots of tequila in the last ten minutes. 

"Things aren't like that," he didn't catch himself murmuring out loud because he couldn't. 

He wasn't sure where his thoughts ended and the reality of the world began.

Everything didn't revolve around sex, he couldn't extract himself from that thought. That's not everything that mattered.

Right?

While Paul was dealing with such a complex inner turmoil, Linda -- poor poor pitiful Linda --  was drunk as well, but not stupidly so. She wanted Paul to kiss her with those beautiful plush lips of his. She wondered if they were as soft as they looked, but she wasn't sure ... she didn't want to overstep her boundaries.

She really liked him and, now that she'd seemed to have managed to get his mind off of Theo, maybe the spark they she felt could start a wildfire.

However, when Paul finally did open his mouth, there was no trace of any sort of spark.

"Why did Mick tell me that? I didn't even think amphibians could do that."