Chapter 3

"You can't be serious..."
I can't believe it. How am I still alive?
"How-"
"We have no idea," my father cut in. I wouldn't have died. I surly would be dead if I... Died. That sounds weird now. I don't get it? Who spiked me? And why? Did whoever do that to me control my dream? I don't know what to think right now.
"Tell her Dean," my mum says to my dad. "She has to know..."
She looks at me in fright. My dad nods.
"Lil, baby... Um, the doctors were doing X-rays to see if you consumed anything to make you, well... Die. They found something," he pauses. "Weird..."
"It's a pearl type thing in the middle of your heart. We can't understand it, but it's there." My mother finishes off. What could it mean?
"Baby, you need to remember it from the start. The beginning..." Then I'm sucked into what feels like a dream. I look around. Wheat fields... Again! I start to feel anxious, light headed. Why am I here again?! At first my dad was speaking to me then I'm here. Then I remembered what he said. 'Remember it from the start. The... Beginning...' Could this be all the answers to the big problem? Or will it just make it worse? It's exactly like last dream, when that monstrous thing grabbed my wrist. I feel my wrist that it grabbed still feeling the pain. Until I feel a bump, lots more followed. I look down at my wrist and realise something. There's a tattoo on my wrist. It's a dove in a circle of fire. I didn't have this tattoo in the hospital. It's new. I just got it in this dream. I look back up and realise something different. A person is playing in the wheat fields ahead of me. A child. The little girl is in her pink little dress, with her blond hair tied back in two piggy tails. she looks so happy and innocent, chasing the butterflies. I smile. How can she have fun way out here? I start walking towards her until I see a man go up to her. I stop. He then grabs out a metal, black gun and with no hesitation shoots her right between the eyes. I scream sending electric rays through the air. The man covers his ears and blood starts flowing from his mouth before falling on the ground. Is he dead? I stop screaming. I run up to where the little girl and man lies, dead, in a bloody heap. What did I do? Tears flow from my eyes. I killed a man! But he killed her! Ugh, this is so confusing! I knell down next to the corpse of the girl. I have a urge to do something. I close my eyes and hover my hand above her head. I hold it there for what seems like 2 minutes, expecting it to do something. Then I see her fingers twitch and move. Followed by her both hands. Then her feet, legs and body. What followed was terrifying. Then with no intention what so ever, her eyes flutter open so I can see her beautiful, green eyes.
"Thank you for saving me, Lilith Greenlock. Protect your charm, your going to need it." After she says that, I hear a faint, quiet squeal in my ears then I black out.

I see images, like I'm watching a movie and my eyes are the screen. Images go passed my mind, fast. Like someone just fast forwarded the world through their bare hands. I realise these are all my memories. Until an memory slows down. It's back at normal speed. The memory is when I was 8 years old. I remember this moment so clearly because it was so unusual and weird. I'm in school and out in the play ground I see a harmed bird. Other children gather around the poor creature, until the teachers shoo them away. All the students walk away, still chatting about the poor bird. It looks like it broke its wing, like something pierced through the middle of it. The birds bleeding to death. The teachers exchange looks and talk quietly among each other.
"What are we going to do with it?"
"So, do we just let it die?"
Some asked each other. My 8 year old self feels drawn to it and has no control over what she's doing, how she moves. She unwillingly starts walking past all the teachers and to the crow lying on the ground. Some people call my name but I ignore. I need to do something. I place my hand over its head and hold it there. Then the image goes faster, skips to the important bit. About a minute later the crows wing is healed and the little, healed bird flys away. I then look up at the teachers that look at me surprised. One walks up on me and whispers in my ear.
"You have a gift, Lilith, don't do that again. don't tell anyone. Protect your charm, your pearl. Protect yourself."
Her voice echoes as everything goes black. I remember what happened before at the gym. I snap into reality. Then I realise... I have the ability to heal.

I open my eyes and hear sobs. A bunch of nurses stand over me. They all sigh in relief.
"Lilith Greenlock, are you okay?"
One says. I stare into the distance, stunned.
"What happened to the pearl while I was out?"
I ask ignoring the questions thrown at me. I know they would have checked.
"It- it glowed Lilith,"
She pauses "it glowed like a crystal."
"Did I... Stop breathing again?"
I ask still looking in the distance. I suppose the answer is-
"Yes."
Says another nurse. I nod. Should I tell my parents? I know my teacher back in that memory told me not to tell anyone but this is my parents. They need to know.
"I need my parents."
I tell them.
"They are outside. But we just need to do a bit more tests to check-"
"Let me see them."
I cut in. I snap out of my gaze and look at the nurses.
"Please? Alone."
Before I know it the nurses have left and my parents are hugging me with relief.
"What happened, Lil? I just told you to remember what happened and then before we know it you pass out then moments later, you stop breathing."
My father says with hesitation.
"That's twice now, I can't believe-"
"I remember what happened at the gym."
I cut my mum off. I look at them.
"I remember everything."