Chapter One

Chapter One

One Direction beats Danielle Radcliffe and takes the number one spot as this year's richest men below thirty.

"It's unbelievable actually. The boys and I are trying our best to keep our feet on the ground. I mean, we could've not reached this far without our fans." Louis Tomlinson, 22, says during an interview back in LA.

The band will be having the next four months off before they once again resume their awaited world tour. A source tells us that the boys will be going back to their hometowns after more than a year of not coming back.

"Two years actually. Well for me. And that makes me really excited to come back to Ireland. It's where I grew-"

I shut the television off making my best friend, Amber, groan. She crosses her arms infront of her, acting too childish for a 19 year old.

"I don't get it. Why do you hate One Direction so badly?"

I let out a laugh. "I don't hate them. I just don't like them. Big difference."

"They haven't done anything wrong to you." She emphasizes, defending her idols. "Besides, don't you Irish people support each other?"

"I don't even know him." I lied.

"You're telling me that you don't know the Niall Horan?" The look on her face was shocking. Of course I haven't told her that Niall and I used to be neighbors when my family lived at the house just across theirs . No, we aren't exactly best friends but we knew each other. That was thirteen years ago and I don't really want to start reminiscing about my dreadful childhood. Believe me, it was no ordinary childhood. Besides, I doubt he could even recognize me.

I shrugged, my back laying back on the comfortable sofa. "Who's he?"

"He's my life. Basically the person keeping me alive." She answers seriously.

"Your what?"

"My inspiration."

"You haven't even met him."

"I know. But I don't care. He's my missing half. I could feel it." She stands up from her seat and slowly walks away to the kichen.

"You're weird." I shout, hoping she'd hear me. She did eventually because I just got thrown by a banana.

She comes back moments later with a bowl of popcorn in her hands. I couldn't help but take a handful if it, pushing them straight into my mouth. Hunger was raging in my veins and I was suddenly craving for Italian food.

"You are just like him!" My best friend comments after I told her that I'm gonna go out for pizza.

"Am not." I don't think Niall and I are even close enough to be just like each other.

She chews on her popcorn as she speaks, "You're hungry all the time. Just like Niall. You both eat a lot but never get fat. You two are from Ireland. You love to sing, just like him. In addition, you're both originally brunettes and have blue eyes." She breathes for a moment then adds, "And you both are short."

I decided to ignore everything she said except for her last statement. "5'6 is not short." I defend myself, even though I know Amber's taller than me.

"Yeah it is." She counters. "Don't you see how people look down on you because you're too short to make eye contact?"

Her insults are really annoying right now. "I'm not short!" I repeat. "People here in England are just tall. That's it. They're tall."

She didn't seem convinced of my answer so she just rolled her eyes instead. I might as well change the topic since my stomach's growling.