Chapter Three

Dedicated to: @calumnarry bcoz she's one of my BFFs and it's her birthday todaay!! :")

Chapter Three

- Katie's POV -

"4B?" I looked up and saw those familiar pair of baby blue eyes that were looking down on me.

Damn it Amber! Why the hell did she do this to me? God please tell me this isn't happening! This is just a dream, right? I must've fallen asleep before the plane could even take off and I will wake up soon-

Laughter erupted in the area and I looked back at my bestfriend only to see her seated beside the boy I pretended to only know in the band. She looked so happy and I swear I've never seen her not freak out. I mean she freaks out when she sees pictures of them. Now she sees them, talks to them, feels them- for real- and she doesn't act awkward even a tad bit. So I guess this isn't a dream after all.

"4B?" He asks again. Can't he read the effin laminated seat number above? Ugh I can't be mean. I don't have the right to be.

"Yeah." I say softly and he gives me a cheekish smile before making himself comfortable. I shift my gaze to my window, trying not to observe his every move.

"So you're Katie?" He asks, completely trying his best to be friends with me. Well things can't be more awkward.

"Yeah. And you're Niall Horan." I was still not looking at him.

"How'd you know?" Seriously how the hell can he be so amused? "Are you a sidekick or something?"

"A witch actually." I half laugh, expecting him to get my joke, but I didn't get any response. I dart my eyes to him and saw him looking frightened. What the-

"I'm kidding, Niall. Sorry." I quickly apologized and finally he loosens up. Damn he never changed and it made my subconscious laugh.

But wait- can't he- I mean.. you know, uhh remember me? Maybe even just a little? I can remember everything. About him, those childhood memories, but reminiscing those times just brings pain in my chest. I wanted to forget all about it but Mr. Horan has to exist in my life again, making me recall and feel all the struggles once again. Even if it's over, he somehow has the capability to let me live with it again.

And it hurts. Alot.

I have to stay away from him. As soon as I can. I can't keep pretending that it's alright for him to just talk to me, as if he doesn't know me, as if he didn't just break a pinky promise.

Dammit Katie stop overthinking things! Maybe this time it's different. Maybe this time is a new beginning. Maybe this time, you could actually forget the past and move on.

My subconscious wasn't really helping that I had to bring up the volume of my earphones, forget about the world for the meantime, forget about the blonde boy sitting mere inches away from me and forget about the memories of cance- fuck I said forget, not make me remind of it again.

I can't blame him though, for not recognizing me. After I was free of those cruel cells that used to eat me up inside, my body began working normally than the usual. I was healthy again and my skin has radiated an entire different glow. My eyes were sparkling its beautiful shade of blue and my dark brown hair has grown longer, waving its way down my shoulders. I even had to dye it with a shiny blonde color for a different look. So yeah. I've changed.

"-and I thought maybe they would serve heavy meals and then my hunger would be satisfied. Get it?" He laughs to himself and I pretended I was still listening so I just smile and nod.

Bad luck for me, my phone's battery died just after listening to a few ARTTM tracks, my fave band of all time.

"So tell me more about you, Katie. I seem to be the only one talking here." He laughs again. Honestly what the hell is funny?