Francis's turn to be traumatized

Arthur pulled into the parking lot of the courthouse, finding a spot near the front to park. As soon as he shut off the ignition, the passenger's side of the car flew open and Francis sprang out, stuffing his hands in his pockets and pacing down the length of the car, suddenly stopping and glaring fiercely. Arthur got out slowly, double checking that he had all the necessary documents and forms in his briefcase. He approached Francis, laying a hand on the other's shoulder and noting how tense Francis was.

"Everything alright?" He asked, following the direction of Francis's glare and noticing a bright yellow car.

"Zat iz 'er car." The Frenchman spat. "I can't believe zat she iz still driving it."

"How can you be sure? There are plenty of cars that have a yellow paint job." Arthur pointed out, skeptical.

"I gave 'er zat car." Francis said, then his head drooped. He turned away, about to walk into the building, but did not take a single step. Arthur noticed this and walked back to Francis's side, taking the Frenchman's hand in his own and leading him into the building.

Arthur was really glad that he was in front and Francis couldn't see his scarlet face. They entered the room where they would all meet, and to Arthur's surprise it was empty. Arthur set up his materials, taking documents and forms out of his briefcase. Francis sat down in a chair, twisting a pencil in his hand and whispering to himself in his native language.

"Ughhh Allen baby it's just a meeting with my bitchy ex to get him to hand over the kid." A nasally whine drifted through the hall, and Francis almost snapped the pencil. He stood up, preparing to stride out the door, but was stopped by Arthur. "No I don't know why the kid isn't already with me but I promise you'll love him!" Emillise squealed after a man, who Arthur assumed was Allen, asked her something.

Emillise entered the room, and Arthur had to stop his lip from curling in disgust. Instead of the beautiful woman that was in the photograph, he was faced with a short girl with a dyed black and highlighted pixie cut, dressed in a midriff bearing top, extremely short shorts, caked on makeup, finished with a pair of tacky, in Arthur's opinion, bright pink high heels. It certainly didn't help that there was a cigarette dangling from her pierced lip.

She sashayed over to Francis, who was glaring at her, and proceeded to drape herself over him and twirl her painted talons in his long hair. "Heeeey Frani~" she purred, seemingly oblivious to how Francis went rigid with shock, or that Arthur was standing there, visibly uncomfortable. "Wada ya say we just forget about all of this and you hand the kid over, alright sugar?" she batted her eyelashes.

"Remove your nails from my 'air, s'il vous plaît." Francis said, voice surprisingly calm and measured for someone in his situation.

"Oh don't be such a meanie. Now let's sign those silly papers and agree on child support. All I need is your signature and i'll pick the kid up later."

"No way in 'ell." Francis hissed through gritted teeth, stepping off to the side.

"He's my kid. I gave birth to him." she whined, blowing smoke in Francis's direction. He looked at her with venom in his eyes, wasting no time replying.

"Oui but who spent every moment with 'im? Who comforted 'im after a nightmare? Who cooked, cleaned, drove 'im to school? Who taught 'im 'ow to talk? Who loved 'im and cherished 'im like ze gift 'e is? Moi. Who barely remembers 'is name and ignores 'im? Tu. You can 'ave 'im over my dead body." He spat, voice rising until he was nearly screaming at the end. He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath, trying not to let tears spill from his eyes. Francis suddenly spun around on his heel and fled the room, the clack of his shoes the only thing Arthur could hear.