CHAPTER ONE: THE PAST

It is September 9, 2013 the first day of school here in New York. This is also my first time studying in New York. I use to live in California. My name is Marcus Robinson, I am 15 years old, and I am a sophomore. I committed a crime a year ago which is ONE of the reasons that I'm here in New York.

A year ago in freshman year my best friend Callie and I were hanging out at the mall until we hear a massive bang. We where speechless and scared, we didn't know what was going on. A few steps away from us I see a police officer in the floor dead, he must have gotten shot. I look around and run up to him. I grab his gun and as I leave he grabs my wrist "Be careful" he whispers, I look back to him frightened but at the same time feeling brave "Rest in peace" I say.

I go back to Callie and she whispers in my ear while shaking "What... What are you doing?" I take my phone out and dial 911 "9...1...1 what is your emergency?" the lady operator asks "There is... omg he's coming please come AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to Macro Plaza" I whisper to the lady operator quickly. I hang up and hold the gun up high. The guy passed right by us. I stand up stand behind him aim the heavy gun at him as shoot. I hear some people scream and I yell "Don't worry everyone the person is dead".

Everyone applaud and it made me feel like a hero. But as I turn around a police officer grabs both my wrist and puts handcuffs around them. "What are you doing? I just saved people's life" I say nervously. "Do you have a gun license?" he asks. "No!" I respond. he pulls me all the way to the police car and I sit inside thinking that I wasn't fair.

I'm iniside the prison and I see my mother come inside the prison sacred for her life and sobbing. "Where's my son?" She puts places her hand i her forehead and tears roll down her cheek. I am feeling guilty and ashamed of myself, but I shouldn't because I SAVED PEOPLE'S LIFE. The female police officer aproach to me "Your mother is here, follow me" I stand up and follow her to the entrance. My mom looks at me like if she hasn't seen me in years. She continouslty hugs me kisses and kisses my forehead "I'm okay mom" I say while hugging her tightly "Are you sure?" She asks while looking at me with her wet eyes. It's hard to say yes but I say it "Ye... Yes, I'm sure mom" I smile and we leave. Two months later my whole family and me moved to New York and began 'A NEW LIFE'