CHAPTER FIVE: THE EX

So we get to one of Jacob's favorite Diners in New York called 'Golden Eagles'. We sit down by the corner next to a window and we are both using our iPhones. the waitress comes and takes our orders. After we finally ordered what we wanted Jacob spoke "So, how are you feeling? You know about yesterday?" I look at him with a serious face "Not so great" I say "People will get over it eventually" he says smiling, he grabs my hand "Besides I'm here for you" He says then winks. I look back at him and say "Thank you love".

My phone starts ringing and an Unknown Caller is calling me "Be right back" I tell Jacob while standing up ready to leave. I walk towards the bathroom and answer the phone. "Hello?" I ask and lock myself in the bathroom. "I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU..." I hear a girl screaming over the phone , her voice sounded pretty familiar but I couldn't figure out who is she. "Umm who is this?" I ask over the phone "You stole my boyfriend and I will never forgive you." I hear the girl begin to sob. "Who Jacob?" I ask confusedly "YES!" The person shouts and hangs up.

I leave the bathroom and stormed off the Diner pissed off. As soon as I passed our table Jacob starts speed walking behind me. I walk outside knowing he was behind me and turn around "What the hell Jacob?" I screamed "What? what's wrong?" He asks not knowing what was going on. "Well your ex just called me cursing me out" He looks down and whispers "Madeline!" while shaking his head of disappointment. "MADELINE? THAT WAS MADELINE?" I scream from the top of my lounges. "Yes!" Jacob says with a low voice while looking down.

I push him to the side and kept walking. I turn around and shout "Next time you date someone, make sure your ex doesn't call him or her". I was heartbroken because I really liked this guy, my first boyfriend, in New York, well in general. I begin to walk slow thinking that I might have over reacted a little bit and that I felt bad for him, I mean Madeline didn't say anything mean but the fact that I already lost a friend it's upsetting. I can understand where she's coming from though. what am I going to do on Monday when I see her? Should I even look at her? I don't think so. Our friendship it's totally ruined, and it's all thanks to Jacob.