CHAPTER THREE: THE NOTE

I am walking to my locker from my last class so I could get my jacket and phone. As I open my locker a note falls out. "What is that?" Jacob asks. I look around "I... I don't know" I nervously say while opening the envelope. I open the envelope and find a bag of marihuana in it. I look to my left and spot The kid who was behind me in Science class from far away. I speed walk to him feeling extremely angry and slam his locker. "Do you think I'm a drug dealer or something I don't trade drugs for sex okay?" I scream at him. A teacher behind me puts his hand on my shoulder and pulls me away. "If you want someone to suck your dick so badly then stop being a whore and find yourself a boyfriend or girlfriend, whatever the hell you like." I yell. Everyone was looking and that's exactly what I wanted, so he could see that he's messing with the wrong person.

My mom is waiting for me outside and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. I hop into the car and put my headphones on. "So how was your day?" I hear my mom say, I heard what she said but I avoid her because I seriously don't feel like talking about it. She pulls my left earbud out "Marcus James Reyes, I am speaking to you." My mom says, I look at her slowly and say "It was great" I sarcastically smile and look back outside the window.

****

I arrived my home and I run to my room. I slam the door shut and start to cry. It was literally the worst first day ever. Why would someone like that do that to me? What did I do wrong? I can't let this happen again. I jump into my bed and scream into my pillow, as soon as I stop screaming someone comes in.

I turn my head around to see who came in and it was my little brother James. "This is not a great moment James" I say while whipping my tears out "I wanted to say that I'm not mad at you" he randomly says "Huh?" I asked confused. He sits on the edge of my bed and begins to speak "At first when we had to move out I was extremely upset, but then I understood why we had to do it, and now I just wanted to say that I'm not mad anymore because it was the best for us to leave." I get close to him and hug him as tight as a little girl would hug a teddy bear. "I love you lil bro" I say "I love you too" he says sounding like if he was dying. We both laugh and he stands up and walks towards the door. As he exit the door he turns around and looks deep into my eyes "I know you did that on purpose".

I look at him and my eyes get watery. "I know he was the wrong guy" he says "I don't know why you would do it, but just know that you really messed our family up pretty badly." He says meaning those strong words. I look at him and I say " I know." He turns around and walks away.