Maxine Andrew: Who You Are

Maxine

"Hey Max." Piper said, smiling.

"Oh, uhh hi, Piper." I stuttered.

Who wouldn't? Piper is beautiful. Sure, she wears boyish clothes but that's what makes her more pretty though. Unlike those sluts *coughs* I mean, "popular" girls, she doesn't wear ANY make-up. She's naturally pretty.

I don't even know why she's friends with a loser like me. I have frizzy blonde hair and boring brown eyes. While she has uneven chocolate brown hair and kaleidoscope eyes. Now, you might think she'll look ugly because her hair is uneven but you're wrong. She makes it look beautiful. The other girls here even try to cut their hair like hers but it always end badly for them.

"So do you want to come to stay at my house tonight? My dad's going to shoot his new movie and I'll be alone except for the maids but I really want a friend with me there." Piper asks.

Did I forget to mention that her dad is the Tristan McLean? The famous and hot movie star. Nobody knows though, except me. I really am glad to have her as a friend but it makes me feel more of a loser.

I know I should feel happy that I have at least a friend in school but I can't help feeling jealous of Piper and wishing I was her. She has a great life. Her dad's a movie star, she's beautiful, boys want to date her and girls are jealous of her. I just want that. Just someone to actually like me.

Everyday I get picked on. I get insulted by my ugly face and I get glares from my teachers. Ugly and an idiot. Sometimes I wish I can be smart. Sure, I'll be a nerd but at least I'm not a freak that has no talent and no brains.

I hate my life. I almost considered cutting but Piper stop me. She found me in the girls bathroom with a knife close to my wrist and tears streaming down my face. That's actually how we first met and we became friends ever since. She's a really good friend. Not like some backstabbers.

"Sure. I'll ask my mom." I answered. Piper smiled at me and I gave her a small one.

The bell rang, warning students to go to class.

"I better go." Piper said. "Ms. Anderson gives detention if someone is late. Bye!"

"Bye." I mutter as she walks to her first class. I sighed and walk to my class: History.

Torture, I know. But I actually like it. It's the only subject I have interest on and has the only teacher that doesn't hate me. She's a very nice woman. She keeps saying I have potential. It gives me some confidence but not so much.

I walk in the classroom and sat at the front. There aren't any more seats at the back. The class gave me glares which I ignored. Don't let them get to you Piper's voice said in my head. That's what she always says when I tell her about people bullying me.

"Who let the freak in?" Sydney Richards said. Everyone snickered while I look down at my lap. I hate her. I wish Piper was here. She'll defend me. She'll say good things to me. She'll reassure me that I'm beautiful and not a freak.

Yeah, I know. Kind of selfish, huh? But you'll think that too if you were in my position. I've been bullied since I started school. The only place I felt safe was at my home and wherever Piper was.

"Aww, no Piper to defend you." Sydney says, reading my thoughts. "You're just a loser. Piper is only your friend because she wants to look good. I mean, when you and her are together, you make Piper look like a beauty queen. Piper's just using you, honey. Besides, who would want to be friends with someone like you?" She's lying. Piper's a good friend. She wouldn't do that.

Before she could say more to make myself doubt Piper, the teacher came in with a guy trailing behind. He was hot, I had to admit but if a guy is that good looking, usually he's a player. I heard a few girls sigh dreamily.