Chapter 4

I smile a small, timid smile to myself and then realize, you just met this guy Y/N, GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF!

So I shake my head to rid of all the romantic thoughts of Gundham Tanaka and run down the hall after him.

I then call his name
"Gundham~! Where are you?!"
Down the hall to find out where he went in this mansion.

"Over here, peasant!" He calls back, his deep voice echoing through the entire dimly lit hall, giving me chills.

With a gulp, I step forward and call out to him again
"Which room? Can you just show me?" I question

"Fine, mortal!" He yells back and appears from a room a little farther up in the hallway.

I scan my surroundings until I finally spot him and then I sprint towards him. But me being the smoll bean child I am, I trip right before I reach Gundham and trip right onto him.

He looks surprised for a second, and then he swerves before I collide with him, and before I know it I am face down on the floor.

"G-Gundham! W-why didn't you catch me! I stutter before slowly picking myself up and checking myself for any injuries.

"I have already told you, mortal! I cannot touch you! Or else you will turn to ash!" He mumbles as then looks away, crossing his arms.

I suppose in Gundhams own weird way, he was trying to protect me...

After a thorough examination of myself, I declare I am unharmed and stand up beaming at Gundham.

I then gladly say
"Thank you for not turning me into ash Gundham!" Beaming at Gundham, my smile reaching all the way to my eyes.

"N-no reason to thank me, mortal..." he shyly says

"Well, I appreciate the gesture! Now, wheres this room iv been promised?" I try to stay positive and just act like this is all normal.

Gundham pulls his scarf up a little to cover his light blush as he everts his line of sight away from me before walking towards a room and saying "Right over here mortal, follow me."

I follow him trying to not be sad that this hot guy in front of me literally went out of his way not to catch me! And I know in his own weird way, he was trying to protect me, he didn't even apologize...Just what exactly is this guys deal...

But before I could finish my thought Gundham pauses and flips on a switch, causing a surge of bright white light to fill the room.

I instinctively close my eyes and wait a few seconds before opening them again. But when I do open them, I can't believe my eyes. The room is filled with elegant furniture and jewelry and all kinds of amazing things I could only have dreamt of a few days ago. And to think I would find all of this in a farmhouse!

I look up at Gundham to see him looking at me expectantly, his head resting on his hand. I immediately start beaming and move closer to Gundham. His eyes go wide and he instinctively takes a step back, but I take another step forward.

We go on like this until his back reaches the wall, he grabs the wall with the palms of his hands and looks at me frantically, that stupid smile still on my face. I finally stop right in front of him and stare up at him, him staring down at me. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around him, his eyes go wide and he pushes me away.

"Seeee~ I didn't turn to ash!" I say in an excited tone.

He just looks at me and then back at his chest where I just was and then he slides down the wall in shock. I think I might have accidentally done something very, very wrong.

"You are extremely lucky you touched none of my bare skin mortal! What if you turned to ash!" Gundham yells from the floor, his scarf now covering his whole face.

"Gundham... I understand if you don't want me to touch you...I know I'm just this random girl tha-" I start before I am cut off by Gundham frantically yelling

"Shut up, FOOL! It is not that you're a stranger that I am worried about, it's your wellbeing! Why would you be so reckless like that Y/N!" He looks up at me dazed.

"B-because....iv never met someone like you before....and I thought you were lying or something and I was so happy that I want thinking- ok, I'm sorry, ill never do it again," I say shamefully, feeling like a child that had just been scorned.

I slide down the wall next to him and curl up into a ball as a wrap my arms around my legs, sadly.

Gundham slowly turns his head to look in my direction and I rest my head on my knees, ready to start crying. I can't believe this guy is just SO disgusted by me.

Gundham turns to face me and I look over at him, my eyes glazing over and my face turning slightly red as I'm about to start crying. His eyes go wide and he reaches his arms out instinctively to touch me, but just lets them sit there for a second before deciding to take his chances as he closes his eyes and rests his hands on my shoulders.

I look up at him shocked as he opens his eyes cautiously and then realizing I'm not ash, looks down at me shocked. I smile up at him letting my tears drop with a giggle. I throw myself into his chest and start crying and laughing with sadness and joy. While Gundham just sits there, shocked, and wraps his arms around me, very cautiously and gently.

"There, there...my dark queen..." Gundham says almost inaudibly under his breath.