Chapter 5

I pull away from Gundham, smiling. I wipe the almost dry tears away from my eyes and cheeks as I look back up at him. He's looking away, with a puzzled expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" I question, placing one of my hands on his shoulder, lightly caressing it with my thumb.

"I-I don't... Let us just get back to doing whatever we were doing before..." He almost whispers, pulling me up with him by the arm, still all the while with that far off look on his face.

I reach up and as he sees me in his peripheral he looks down at me and I boop his nose through his scarf with my finger, smiling a closed-eyed, goofy smile. He goes red and lets go of my arm, pulling his scarf up a bit.

"U-um, ahem, so this is the room, how do you like it?" He stutters, turning around, his scarf still covering a bit of his face in embarrassment.

"Amazing~" I coo happily into his ear, wrapping my arms around him from behind on my tiptoes.

I feel him shudder as he peels my hands off of him and turns around, his face as red as a tomato, and backs up until he hits a wall and awkwardly pulls his scarf up, even more, covering about half his face this time. He looks away and awkwardly clears his voice.

"Ahem, so what would you like to see next Y/N?" He says in a shaky tone

"How about the kitchen?" I reply cutely, taking a step towards him and then latching my hands together behind my back, beaming up at him.

I swear I see him smile, well with the limited parts I can see and he turns on his heel and we walk out of the room, he turns the light off before I am out of the room and I feel my heartbeat start to exhilarate. I fucking hate the dark, well not the dark itself, just what I feel like lurks inside of it. Once he's out of the room I dash for the exit, slamming the door behind me. In fact, it was so loud Gundham turns around, startled.

"U-um, are you o-" He starts awkwardly but before he can finish I am at his side, snuggling up against him, my eyes darting all-around at the various dark places all around me, my arms gripping Gundams side.

"Are you alri- oh, Mrs. Y/N, are u afraid of the dark by chance.?" He starts before understanding midway.

"W-well, a bit..." I say shyly, ashamed of my fear, nuzzling closer into his side.

I hear Gundham sigh as he wraps him bandaged arm around me.

"Hopeless, aren't we peasant?" He sighs, sounding somewhat disappointed

"I suppose..." I trail off, quite embarrassed

"I normally keep the lights off because I like the dark, but I will make an exception for you, hopeless peasant." He says with a scoff

He starts to move forward, and I scurry alongside until I hear a click and a flash of blinding light. I almost fall down, but Gundham moves his arm down to my waist, helping me stay standing, his other arm shielding his eyes from the light for a moment until his eyes adjust. His eyes obviously adjusting before mine, he looks down at me to see if I'm still scared.

I loosen my grip on him and look up at to see him looking back at me. I look away shyly and notice his arm around my waist and blush. I think he notices as well because he clears his throat and drops his arm, stepping back. I let my loose grip on his go as he steps away, feeling a weird sort of emptiness once he does.

"Ahem, s-so um, the kitchen, right peasant?" He stutters before shifting back into his normal persona.

"Mhhm, correct," I say in a high pitched tune, shifting back into my normal attitude as well.

Us both just pretending like this little spark between us doesn't exist...