Mary Anne

"Mr. death, do you go to school ?" I ask him

While walking in the street of Manhattan, I was on my white dirty, messy dress-shirt and red skirt uniform, the tie was on my hand, and my hair on a messy ponytail.

He was wearing the same outfit as yesterday—Gray long sleeve shirt with a black pant.

"Don't need to. I know everything, " was his answer.

"Really that's so cool "

Mr death was really cool.

"I'm not that cool," He mumbled.

I giggled at his silliness, he sounded like a child.

"Mary Anne, "He mumbles.

"yes ?"

"if I were to kill your Mother, how would you feel ?"

"I'll feel sad; please don't kill her, 'I beg to feel alarmed by his words.

My mother may be cruel, but it's the only person that looks out for me ... in the wrong way.

"I can't promise something like that, "he told me instead.

I stop walking, tears in my eyes, and I made him stop by holding his hand.

"PLEASE PROMISE ME, " I cry.

Mr death look at me then close his eyes, he went down on one knee.

"I promise that I won't kill your mother today "

I smile and hug him, maybe not all fallen angels where horrible.

"No. Don't mislead yourself, Mary Anne" Heimplies sadly.

"Need any help with that tie ?" he asked me with a lazy grin on his mouth.

"How would you know anything about the tie, you don't even have one "I retorted

He chuckles then took the tie in my hand.

Slowly he did my tie.

Actually, everything Mr. Death did was slowly, the way he walks, talk, even how he looks at others. Like he was in his own world.

"there it is, now you look even prettier than before 'he told me as he braided my hair.

His hand was so soft and delicate, his name did not suit his personality. '

"So, what is your power ?" I ask him

My grandma used to tell me about an angel and that she was friendly with them, she told me they had power, my mother made her go in a mental place.

"I kill people "he simply said

"What ?"

"I'm the angel of death, what were you expecting, "he said with a small chuckle.

"but what did you do to my mom then she is not dead "

"Well, I can bring disease, sorrow, and pain so you can die. It could be a slow death or a fast one, "he explains.

We started walking toward the school again; a lot of people gave me a dirty look because they thought I was talking to myself, but I didn't care cause Mr. Death was my first friend.

When we came to school, he told me he will come to talk to me and that I was to see him if I wanted.

"Bye Mr. Death "

"Mary Anne, "He said, then he disappeared.