01; The beginning

Unedited

                                     ~ ♥ ~ 

The Heart - Break

hapter ;

01

I yawned and closed my eyes for a second, I was really tired and I couldn’t shrug off the big urge, that controlled my body, to sleep. I already had three glasses of black coffee, and the fact that the class was taking too long – longer than usual – to finish wasn’t helping either.

I felt myself relax more, my head was in my arms and I was trying to sleep. Yesterday, I took too much time to study. Exams were close and my mom threatened me that if I didn’t get good marks this time, she will… well she didn’t say what she will do, because I think that she doesn’t know what she is going to do either, but I knew that when she finds an idea, she is going to do it.

And I wasn’t brave enough to risk my life for some stupid marks.

 ‘’Psst, psst,’’ I heard a feminine voice. I ignored it and continued my fail attempted to sleep, but she didn’t give up, and she started to poke my arm. I opened my eyes lazily.

‘’What? ‘’ I almost grumbled.

‘’Are you going to that café again? ‘’ She asked, trying to write down everything and talk at the same time.

‘’I don’t know, why?’’ I bury once again my head in my arms. I heard Becky chuckle lightly.

‘’Wake up, you are going to fail if you don’t focus, and I don’t think you are going to be happy if you passed an exam and failed the other.’’ I groaned, “Oh, and I was asking you because I wanted to introduce you to someone.” I heard the happiness drop from her words, making me snap my head to look at her.

“Becky, I told you, I don’t want to do these blind dates anymore, you can just go alone if you want.” She rolled her eyes, and hit me with her elbow. I hissed.

“No you idiot! I stopped making you go to blind dates since the last disaster.” I cringed at the memory. Last time I tried to go to a blind date. The guy that Becky chose for me, turned out to be my mom’s friend’s son, and when mom and dad knew about that, they grounded me.

Not the best family.

“Then are they your friends?” I tilted my head to the side a little, and glanced at the board for a second, to see what the teacher wrote. I studied that yesterday too, and I understood most of what she wrote.

I saw from the corner of my eyes that Beck nodded her head happily. Then she leaned a little to my side, and whispered,”My boyfriend is one of them too.” She chuckled. I almost let out a loud gasp, but luckily Becky predicted that and she put her hand on my mouth.

○○○

‘’What are you going to do next weekend?‘’ Becky asked as we got out, making me roll my eyes.

‘’Study, Study, oh and study.‘’ I counted on my fingers, faking surprise. Becky shook her head.

‘’You need to live a little,’’ she said.

‘’Yeah, sure, I’m going to meet your oh-so-called boyfriend today.’’ I smirked when I saw her blush, and I didn’t miss how she smiled a little.

‘’I see the playful Jasmine is back.’’ Maddie said as she came closer with her boyfriend – Mason – behind her.

‘’And I see you are back,’’ I teased, earning a blush from her, and Mason coughed awkwardly. ‘’Where were you guys anyway? I didn’t see you all week.’’ I narrowed my eyes playfully. If her cheeks could get any redder, she would most definitely turn into a tomato.

Oh, how I loved making people uncomfortable

‘’W-w-well,’’ She stuttered, looking around awkwardly. ‘’Oh! What happened with your birthday.’’ She changed the subject, making Becky chuckle.

‘’Nothing, the same boring party where I would be sitting in my room, eating the cake while trying to study at the same time,’’ I said frowning. Boring I know, but my mom swore that she wouldn’t get me out of my room, even if it was just my birthday.

 ‘’Why are you trying to study so hard anyway?‘’ I gave her a weird look, making her more confused.

“The devil that I call mom, said that I should have better marks.‘’

‘’You should get a job,’’ she pointed out, ‘’That way you will have an excuse.‘’

I snorted. ‘’And let my marks slip away? No thank you,’’ She laughed, putting an arm around Mason and walked away.

‘’They are so cute!’’ Becky looked at their backs.

 I nodded, and pushed her slightly, making her chuckle and soon enough I found myself chuckling too.

○○○

The café was packed. There was almost no place to sit down, and they even put their vintage-like tables outside to fit more people. Becky was looking around, searching for her mysterious boyfriend while I was looking at the menu.

Every Friday the Café would have a special order, and if you reached early you can ordered but after that it would be sold out.

“Oh, there they are!” She waved at someone, I stole a glance at the person she waved at. And I felt my breathes hitch. It wasn’t one person, but three.

I figured that the person that waved back, and started walking toward her was her boyfriend. He had a cute smile on his face that showed his dimple that was on the left cheek. His black hair was ruffled a little, and his brown eyes held a warm feeling in them, like melted chocolate.

Then I noticed a girl that pretty much looked like him, but instead she had light brown hair. I gave a wild guess that that girl was his sister.

But those two weren’t the reason that I stopped breathing, they weren’t the reason that I dropped my smile, and they - for sure - wasn’t the reason that I started staring like a stalker, but it was him.

He had a beautiful green eyes, like a crazy forest, they were deep, and if I was sure that if I stared at them, I would see my reflection perfectly. The front of his brown hair, that was neatly combed, was ruffled a little, but it had a little spiky style. He also had an amazing jaw line.

He seemed as if he was in deep thoughts, but when he noticed me staring at him, I felt my cheeks getting warmer, but he smiled at me, and I didn’t know what happened, but I just couldn’t take my eyes off him, as if I was complied to stare at him without even blinking.

“Hey guys!” Becky smiled, “This is Jasmine.” 

                                     ~ ♥ ~