Epilogue

Unedited

                                           ~ ♥ ~ 

The Heart - Break

Epilogue 

“Seriously?” Becky shocked voice filled my ears. I was happy that I got that reaction, really happy actually, it was amazing to do something like this.

“Yeah!” I almost screamed from how excited I was, but Becky outran me, and already screamed so loudly that I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

“That is absolutely terrific,” I heard mumbles from the other side of the line, they weren’t Becky’s since they came lower than her voice while she was talking to me.

I giggled silently, and chose against embarrassing her, I knew that the person she is with now, is probably Dylan; her fiancé, that she knew for almost two years now. She met him in Paris while she was studying, she told me once that once they set their eyes on each other, they couldn’t look away.

But of course, that is not true.

Becky, sometimes, liked to make things bigger than they actually are, but I never told her that, since she knew it perfectly.

“When are you going to meet the publisher?” She said. I bit my lip, and looked at the building in front of me, smiling at it wildly.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” I thought about making her more excited, or maybe a little surprised, since I had a full hour to do whatever I wanted to.

“Come on! Tell me.” An imagine of her frowning, and pouting entered my mind. Yeah, she is most definitely doing that now.

“Tell you what?”

“Jas!” I frowned at that nickname, she started calling me that more recently, and when she knew that I hated it, she started using it more, and more just to annoy me.

What a great friend.

“Okay, okay. I’m going to meet him right now.” I blurt out. There was silence at the other end of the line, I figured that she was trying to process the information, and when she did, she turned into an insane woman.

I felt sorry for Dylan.

Really sorry.

“Why didn’t you call me earlier?!” She practically shouted. Even the older couple, that was passing by, gave me weird looks.

Great.

“I wanted to tell you, but you never pick up!”

“Who said that?!”

“Me.” I rolled my eyes. She sighed.

“Okay, okay, my fault. It’s just that lately I have had so much things hovering over my shoulders.” My head moved up and down as a nod, forgetting that she was talking to me over the phone. “You are nodding, aren’t you?”

I was about to nod again, but then face-palmed myself, and answered her with ‘yes’.

It was weird how time moved on. Seven years have passed by, and now I was going to publish my book that contains the most precious memories, moments, and secrets.

It took me a little while to move on, to forget John since I seriously loved that guy. I tried dating Jarad after him, but it didn’t work, I was too sad, and he didn’t have the time to babysit me.