Chapter 19

Listen to the song whenever it's just some background music for you.

David's pov

I was pissed. Me and Lui spent the whole day going to the places we've seen Manic. It was the same thing every place. "I'm sorry who? We've never had anyone here with that name."

The bitch was good at covering his tracks that's for sure. Me and Lui had decided to ask around The Wanted and we still found nothing. I was about to ask Lui if he wanted to leave when my name being called made me turn.

"He's killing the villains!" Gummy said as she stopped in front of me. "What?" "Dark Blade is killing other villains!" "Why would he do that? It makes no sense!" Lui spoke up from beside me. "Nobody knows! The villains here are the only ones left." There was maybe 20 people here compared to the usual 70 or 80. It's trues the atmosphere seemed different but I was focusing on the mission. "Word on the street is that after he's done with the villains he's morning on to the heroes." Gummy Bear said quietly.

Me and Lui exchanged a worried glance and I was about to talk to Gummy when someone caught my eye. They had just entered the bar and were looking around. I growled and started towards Manic but Gummy noticed who it was and with a swift movement grabbed my wrist and pulled me back against me and put me in a chokehold with my own arm.

"David you know the rules. No fighting." She growled in my ear as she glared at Manic to. I was aware that Lui had shuffled behind Gummy's back and was peaking around to look at the hated man. I was also aware that Manic had spotted us and was making his way over.

I struggled to get out of Gummy's hold. "May let me go." I growled. She shook her heat stubbornly. "May!" I said warningly as Manic got closer. "I won't. You'll get kicked out and you know this place is a important part of your work." Before I could respond he was here. "Guy we seriously need to talk." Manic said. "I don't do talking I'd much rather let my fists talk or maybe my gun." I spat and struggled against May again.

"Look it's not what it looks like I s-" "if you don't get out of my sight this instant before you can no longer be considered a guy." May spat from behind me. His eyes widened when Lui stepped forward, stabbed his finger into his chest, got in his face, and said with the most menacing voice he could muster, "I swear to god if you don't leave I will kill you after years of torture. You won't know how to say anything but please stop when I'm done with you if you don't leave. I don't care about this damn clubs rules, I will get kicked out just to watch blood poor from your nose." He looked at us again and then turned and swiftly walked to the door.

May released me after he was gone and I shook my limbs which where stiff. "Come on guys my shift is over and it's getting late. Let's all go home." Gummy Bear suggested. Lui nodded and I simply followed as the two started towards the door.

~-~

Lui's pov

The next morning we got two calls. The first was from Gummy Bear or I guess I should call her May. "Hey guys I got bad news. The Wanted is gone. He blew it up last night shortly after we left. All the villains, both petty thieves and serial killers, are gone. That was the last. He's coming for you two."

The second one was from David's tech girl. "Hey guys I've got some info on Manic. He's inviting all super heroes to Saint Christopher Church Friday night."

Me and David began to plan. It was obviously a trap but we figured it's time to confront him. Plans where made for us to show up early and check it for traps.

While we planned for tomorrow I began to think about Dark Blade. Manic looked different as a super villain. He had broad shoulder but in his suit and tie with the white mask he seemed skinnier, smaller. And his personality completely changed. It was probably just part of his disguise or something.