Chapter 8: Hide and Seek (Part 1)

Seto's POV
A beam shot through me as I nearly stumbled to the ground but regained my balance.

"Alright, Mom. You win. Good duel." I said as I straightened up. My Mom smiled.

"I guess I'm not that bad of a Duelist after all!" She said, and then sat down on the ground.

I was older again. It was another dream.

I sat down next to her. She pulled her knees up and pulled them closer to her.

"Seto, about my cancer....I'm not sure how it happened. I didn't notice it right away, but it was already too late when I finally noticed." She said as she rested her chin on her knees.

"I think I noticed when you started to cough more, but at that point it couldn't be fixed." I said as I looked at her.

She turned her head away from me.

"Yeah...it was too late when I finally noticed something was wrong. Maybe if I had noticed sooner, I...I...wouldn't be....here..."

My Mom's voice trailed off as she looked at me, reached over, and patted my shoulder.

"But I'll always be here somehow, Seto, even when you and Mokuba get adopted."

"I have to go now, Seto. I'll see you again someday." She said, giving me a light punch to my shoulder as she began to stand up.

I stood up and reached my hand out towards her, but she disappeared before I could touch her.

The dream's surroundings quickly changed into some type of hallway. I don't know where I was. I was still older. A briefcase suddenly formed in my hand.

Not knowing what else to do, I began running down the supposed hallway, and it looked like whatever I was running through was a very secure place.

I threw my briefcase at a security camera, knocking it out.

"It's like I'm trapped!"

I grabbed my briefcase and started running. One of the security cameras shot a laser at me. I dodged it, summoned a Blue Eyes White Dragon, ordered a white lightning attack, and took it out.

"Now, Blue Eyes, attack that other camera!"

My Blue Eyes took out the other camera with another powerful while lightning attack, causing a small explosion of fire.

When that finished, I ran to the door in front of me and banged my fists on it.

"I know you're in there. I'll get you to stop what you're doing, Stepfather! I worked hard for this, and now you take it away from me?!"

"Please, Seto. This matter is no longer your concern. Guards, take Seto away. This is a private place." That voice said.

The doors opened. Two men appeared from behind the doors. They walked towards me and grabbed my arms, trying to drag me away, but I yanked my arms out from their grip.

"No! I need to talk to him!" I said.

"You heard him, boy. This is a private place." One of them said. For some reason, I began laughing, but then stopped.

"Then I'll blow the place up." I said calmly.

"Evacuate the building now!" One of them said. Holding up a card, my favorite monster flew out. Getting on its back, it blew a hole into the roof and flew out.

I looked around, trying to get revenge on my Stepfather. I noticed a trail of goop near the front of the building.

"White lightning on that goop, Blue Eyes!" I said.