two

when jaebum arrived home, he told his mom about the party and she almost immediately replied that they would have to go. parties weren't exactly his thing. actually, they were, but mostly parties with teenagers and not really those adult-y ones. but of course he could't say no to his own mom because she would just guilt him into making him go.

so that night after that, his mom made sure jaebum was ready for the 'party'. which just meant him wearing some ripped jeans and some shirt he could find in his closet. they got to the party at around 6:40 ish because mrs. im had to keep changing to find something that'd look appropriate for the gathering.

jaebum had rang the door bell for them and once again mrs. choi opened the door. "oh jaebum you're here! and you must be jaebum's mom! thank you so much for the kimchi! it was delicious and we enjoyed it very much! come on in! i think youngjae is somewhere around here!" mrs. choi led the two into the house and it was filled with people inside. it was actually pretty 'lit' as jaebum would say.

jaebum followed mrs. choi to a room with a huge television set with huge speakers surrounding the it and there was a young male wearing a hoodie and shorts playing some game on the tv. "youngjae," the male paused the name at the sound of his mother's voice. "meet jaebum, he lives in the house across ours. be nice to him, i thought maybe you two would get along." with that mrs. choi left the two males and proceeded outside to where the rest of the guests were.

jaebum awkwardly sat down on the vacant couch where youngjae was not sitting on. there was an awkward silence until youngjae died on the game he was so focused on. he turned around to see jaebum and greeted with a warm smile, contrasting from when he was playing where he had a dark and serious aroma around him. "hey jaebum, i'm youngjae, wanna play?" he handed jaebum a controller and switched to a 2 player mode. he was playing tekken tag tournament 2. "sure, why not?" he replied while reaching over to get the controller from youngjae's hand.

"and not to brag but i'm bomb in tekken." youngjae added before choosing the characters he wanted to play as. he chose lili and asuka, 'is he serious?' jaebum thought to himself. jaebum chose to play as jin and devil jin, a classic. "not to brag too, but i, myself, am pretty bomb at this game." jaebum played along. "well let's just see who wins then." youngjae said before he chose the venue of their fight and it started. it was actually a pretty neck-on-neck battle. they both managed to play some combos but at the same time got to block some attacks from the other.

but in the end, youngjae still won. "guess i'm still more bomb than you jaebum," youngjae said, "want a rematch?" he said with a grin. jaebum of course said yes and changing his characters to kunimitsu and lars.

they had played for quite some time with the final scores as 14 to 17, in favour jaebum, unexpectedly. they only had stopped from playing to get some food to eat, and decided to go back into the room with the console because that was the only place that they could stay that others wouldn't bother them that much.

the two placed their plates on the small coffee table located in the middle of the room. youngjae plugged in his phone into the speakers and played some song jaebum didn't quite recognize.

"so youngjae," jaebum tried to start a conversation between the two, "what brings you here to this place?"

"parents." was all he answered. obviously trying to avoid the question. jaebum didn't try to ask youngjae to explain any further. he didn't wanna let the other feel uncomfortable.

"cool. so how old are you?" jaebum asked quickly trying to change the subject. "i'm sixteen but i'm already in senior high, my parents took my education very, very seriously, so the school let me accelerate one year, plus i think it's because i started school a lot younger than the other kids in my year."  youngjae explained.

"well i guess that means i'm older than you then. but that doesn't really matter since you're basically also in my year. senior right?"

youngjae nodded.

"and you're gonna go to goyang high?"

"uhm yeah, how'd you know?" youngjae asked with a hint of freight in his voice. jaebum let out a small chuckle, "well that's like the only decent school around here actually. i mean this town is pretty small after all."

the two boys ended up outside in the small garden of the choi residence which had one of those small wooden chair swings outside by the grass, where they both fit quite perfectly. they both admired the beautiful night sky filled of stars. it was quite awkward at first, but the two managed to let the atmosphere around them to become more of a calmer and inviting one. talking about whatever they found comfortable and not to personal, such as some hobbies and likes and dislikes. most of youngjae's being knowledgable stuff, such as books and documentaries, and some video games he found interesting. and jaebum more on the freestyle life, movies, music, some occasional producing attempts.

they hadn't realized it was so late until it slowly got quiet inside the house where the actual party was held. when they checked for the time it was almost 2 in the morning, and some texts and missed calls to jaebum from his mom, informing him that she would be going back to their home and he should come back home too.

jaebum stood up from the swing after reading the texts and leaving youngjae a bit confused. "hey, youngjae, i had a really fun night here with you but i think i should really get home now. but today was really great, thanks for having me over." jaebum smiled and was about to leave but youngjae called out his name. "hey jaebum hyung, uh, can i maybe get your number? you know in case i need help around this neighborhood or something? i mean, it's ok if you don't want to, knowing that we jus-"

he was cut off by jaebum gently getting the phone on the younger's hands, "here you go. text or call me whenever you want, i do almost nothing everyday anyway."

and jaebum left. 

youngjae with a small tint of red on his cheeks.

"he's kinda hot."

yeet hi i didnt know how to end this sooo uhh LMao yea bYe