Chapter 17: Lesson

"So no going out with friends for a week." Sabrina told me. I nodded my head not wanting to cause anymore trouble. Sabrina and Raula looked at each other concerned before back at me. "You'd normally throw a fit and storm into your room. Are you sure you're okay?" Raula asked me. I nodded my head and glanced out the window but the door. There was a thin window and a little sill on each side of the door while there was also one in front of the stove. "Can I go and visit Ms.Eldersworth today?" I asked. Raula shrugged her shoulders and looked at Sabrina. Sabrina pressed her lips together  before looking at me. "That old woman gives me the creeps. But sure. Be back in an hour." She told me. I nodded and walked out the door towards the old woman's house. I was wearing a pink to white fade dress with a pair of pink ballet slippers. Apparently Eliza had enjoyed fancy clothing. I knocked on the door and Ms.Eldersworth answered. "Oh hello dear. Won't you come in?" She invited me stepping out of the door way. I smiled showing no teeth and stepped inside the house. The front room was painted light brown with dark brown carpet. In the center of the room was a glass coffee table that mirrored the spinning of a ceiling fan. Against the wall was a TV sitting on a long stand that had drawers in it. But the first thing you'd noticed would be the wore out yellowish brown Chantelle couch covered in plastic. I cringed a little but hope sparked again when I saw the brown leather recliner next to the couch. Ms.Eldersworth sat down in the recliner and I took the couch. "I take it you didn't just come over for tea love what is it?" She asked me. I twiddled my thumbs for a moment deciding what to say. "I just wanted to pay a visit." I told her. Ms.Eldersworth scoffed and leaned back in the recliner. "Bullshit. What are you actually here for?" She asked me. She had noticed that I cringed when she had swore and frowned. "You're a newly fallen angle. You need to learn how to act human." She told me. I looked at her for a moment before seeing that was a good idea. "Can you teach me?" I asked her. Ms.Eldersworth frowned then looked out of the window in front of her. "Sure. Don't have anything better to do." She told me. Then Ms.Eldersworth picked up a cup in her head. She waved it in my face until I was following it. Then she let go. I grabbed the cup before it hit the floor a little surprised. "What was that for?" I asked. Ms.Elderworths then smacked the cup out of my hand and I caught it with my other hand getting off the couch in the process. "See that? That wasn't human." She told me. I set the cup back on the table and nodded. "Next time I drop the cup, don't catch it a second time." She told me. I nodded as Ms.Eldersworth then proceeded to throw a cup at me. I caught it and looked at her confused. "You said you were going to drop the cup." I told her setting the cup on the table. Ms.Elderworth rolled her eyes and picked up two cups. "1. I'm a demon I lie. 2. Normal humans don't catch cups mid air as it gets thrown at them." She informed me. I nodded my head understanding as she sighed. "What's the number one rule as an angle?"she asked me rubbing her forehead. "It's to protect, save, and serve humans." I told her folding my hands in my lap. Ms.Eldersworth looked at me in my eyes and I noticed hers were a dark blue. "You cant save everyone." She told me holding the cups up in the air. She threw one at me and dropped the other. I caught the one that was coming towards me as the other one feel to the floor. "Oh well look at that you did something." She mumbled under her breath. I frowned and furrowed my brows as she picked up the other cup from the floor to show it was unharmed. "Why didn't you save this one?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and handed her back the cup as she set them on the table. "You don't know?" She asked me. I pressed my lips together wondering why I did save the one coming at me? "You should have saved the other one. It was more valuable and prettier too." She told me. I looked at the cup then back at her. "Well drop them again and I'll save that one." I demanded. Ms.Eldersworth shrugged her shoulders and picked up the two cups. She threw the same one at me and dropped the other one. I reached the grabbed the one she dropped but instead was hit in the face by the one she threw at me. The two cups fell to the floor and broke. "Now look! You broke two of my fine china instead of sticking with the one you saved." she scolded me. I sat back down and looked down at my lap. "I'm sorry." I told her. Ms.Eldersworth smiled at me and laughed a little. "Do you see my point?" She asked me. I shook my head and she sighed. "Come back in a few days when you do." She told me. I nodded my head taking this as a sign to leave. "Come back soon angle." She yelled at me as I closed the door. I never thought I'd be friends with an angle.